Catching up to the European core: Portuguese economic growth, 1910-1990
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Explorations in Economic History.
Volume (Year): 40 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Young, Alwyn, 1995. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(3), pages 641-80, August.
- Jonathan Temple, 1999. "The New Growth Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 112-156, March.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 1993.
"International Comparisons of Educational Attainment,"
NBER Working Papers
4349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong-Wha, 1993. "International comparisons of educational attainment," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 363-394, December.
- Crafts, Nicholas & Toniolo, Gianni, 1995. "Post-war Growth: An Overview," CEPR Discussion Papers 1095, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1990.
"Comparative Advantage and Long-run Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 796-815, September.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Lains, Pedro, 2003. "New wine in old bottles: Output and productivity trends in Portuguese agriculture, 1850 1950," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 43-72, April.
- Cornwall, John & Cornwall, Wendy, 1994. "Growth Theory and Economic Structure," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(242), pages 237-51, May.
- Broadberry, Stephen N., 1998. "How Did the United States and Germany Overtake Britian? A Sectoral Analysis of Comparative Productivity Levels, 1870–1990," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(02), pages 375-407, June.
- Pereira, Alfredo M & Xu, Zhenhui, 2000. "Export Growth and Domestic Performance," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 60-73, February.
- Timmer, Marcel P. & Szirmai, Adam, 2000. "Productivity growth in Asian manufacturing: the structural bonus hypothesis examined," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 371-392, December.
- Nehru, Vikram & Dhareshwar, Ashok & DEC, 1994. "New estimates of total factor productivity growth for developing and industrial countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1313, The World Bank.
- Mankiw, N Gregory & Romer, David & Weil, David N, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-37, May.
- Gabriel Tortella, 1994. "Patterns of economic retardation and recovery in south-western Europe in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 47(1), pages 1-21, 02.
- Cornwall, John & Cornwall, Wendy, 2002. "A demand and supply analysis of productivity growth," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 203-229, June.
- Nicholas Crafts, 2000. "Development history," Economic History Working Papers 22384, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Leandro Prados de la Escosura & Joan R. Rosés, 2008. "Proximate causes of economic growth in Spain, 1850-2000," Working Papers in Economic History wp08-12, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Historia Económica e Instituciones.
- Jordi Guilera, 2011. "Extending the Kuznets Curve," Working Papers in Economics 257, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Aurora A.C. Teixeira & Natércia Fortuna, 2006. "Human capital, trade and long-run productivity. Testing the technological absorption hypothesis for the Portuguese economy, 1960-2001," FEP Working Papers 226, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00586795 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pedro Lains, 2006. "Growth in the ‘Cohesion Countries’: the Irish tortoise and the Portuguese hare, 1979-2002," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 37, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
- repec:cge:warwcg:01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ester Gomes da Silva, 2009.
"Capital services estimates in Portuguese industries, 1977-2003,"
FEP Working Papers
313, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Ester Gomes da Silva, 2010. "Capital services estimates in Portuguese industries, 1977–2003," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 35-74, April.
- Marta Simões & João Sousa Andrade & Adelaide Duarte, 2012. "Convergence and Growth: Portugal in the EU 1986-2010," GEMF Working Papers 2012-13, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Goulart, P. & Bedi, A.S., 2007. "A history of child labour in Portugal," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18746, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Daniel Tirado & Marc Badia-Miró, 2012. "Economic integration and regional inequality in Iberia (1900-2000) : a geographical approach," Working Papers in Economic History wp12-03, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Historia Económica e Instituciones.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.