How Did the United States and Germany Overtake Britian? A Sectoral Analysis of Comparative Productivity Levels, 1870–1990
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal The Journal of Economic History.
Volume (Year): 58 (1998)
Issue (Month): 02 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEHProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ian W. Mclean, 2004.
"Australian Economic Growth in Historical Perspective,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 80(250), pages 330-345, 09.
- Ian McLean, 2004. "Australian Economic Growth in Historical Perspective," Method and Hist of Econ Thought 0410003, EconWPA.
- Ian W. McLean, 2004. "Australian Economic Growth in Historical Perspective," School of Economics Working Papers 2004-01, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Federico, Giovanni, 2007. "Market integration and market efficiency: The case of 19th century Italy," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 293-316, April.
- Crafts, Nicholas & Toniolo, Gianni, 2008. "European Economic Growth, 1950-2005: An Overview," CEPR Discussion Papers 6863, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ian W. McLean, 2005.
"Why Was Australia So Rich?,"
Development and Comp Systems
- L Hannah, 1997. "Marshalls Trees and the Global Forest: Were Giant Redwoods Different?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0318, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Rosés, Joan R. & Wolf, Nikolaus, .
"Prosperity and depression in the European economy and during interwar years (1913-1950) : an introduction,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/2716, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Joan R. Roses & Nikolaus Wolf, 2008. "Prosperity and depression in the european economy and during interwar years (1913-1950) : an introduction," Working Papers in Economic History wp08-10, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Historia Económica e Instituciones.
- Jong, H. de & Woltjer, P., 2009. "A Comparison of Real Output and Productivity for British and American Manufacturing in 1935," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-108, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Herman De Jong & Pieter Woltjer, 2011. "Depression dynamics: a new estimate of the Anglo‐American manufacturing productivity gap in the interwar period," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 64(2), pages 472-492, 05.
- de la Escosura, Leandro Prados, 2007.
"Growth and structural change in Spain, 1850–2000: a european perspective,"
Revista de Historia Económica,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 147-181, January.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2007. "Growth and Structural Change in Spain, 1850-2000: A European Perspective," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/14972, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Lains, Pedro, 2003. "Catching up to the European core: Portuguese economic growth, 1910-1990," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 369-386, October.
- Nicholas Crafts & Marco Magnani, 2011.
"The Golden Age and the Second Globalization in Italy,"
Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers)
17, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Crafts, Nicolas & Magnani, Marco, 2011. "The Golden Age and the Second Globalization in Italy," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 60, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Broadberry, Stephen & Gupta, Bishnupriya, 2012. "India And The Great Divergence: An Anglo-Indian Comparison Of Gdp Per Capita, 1600-1871," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 80, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Broadberry, Stephen & Ghosal, Sayantan, 2005. "Technology, organisation and productivity performance in services: lessons from Britain and the United States since 1870," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 437-466, December.
- Stijepic, Denis & Wagner, Helmut, 2008. "Impacts of Intermediate Trade on Structural Change," MPRA Paper 40841, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Aug 2012.
- Broadberry, Stephen N. & Irwin, Douglas A., 2006. "Labor productivity in the United States and the United Kingdom during the nineteenth century," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 257-279, April.
- Robert MILLWARD, 2006. "The British privatisation programme: a long term perspective," Departmental Working Papers 2006-07, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Rule).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.