Optimal running and planning of a biomass-based energy production process
AbstractWe propose mathematical programming models for solving problems arising from planning and running an energy production process based on burning biomasses. The models take into account different aspects of the problem: determination of the biomasses to produce and/or buy, transportation decisions to convey the materials to the respective plants, and plant site locations. Whereas the "running model" is linear, we propose two "planning models", both of which are mixed-integer nonlinear programming problems. We show that a spatial branch-and-bound type algorithm applied to them is guaranteed to converge to an exact optimum in a finite number of steps.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 36 (2008)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Pierre & Mladenovic, Nenad, 2001. "Variable neighborhood search: Principles and applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 449-467, May.
- Soylu, Ahu & Oruc, Cihan & Turkay, Metin & Fujita, Kaoru & Asakura, Tatsuyuki, 2006. "Synergy analysis of collaborative supply chain management in energy systems using multi-period MILP," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(1), pages 387-403, October.
- Lund, Henrik & Munster, Ebbe, 2006. "Integrated energy systems and local energy markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1152-1160, July.
- Nasiri, Fuzhan & Zaccour, Georges, 2009. "An exploratory game-theoretic analysis of biomass electricity generation supply chain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4514-4522, November.
- Cai, Y.P. & Huang, G.H. & Yang, Z.F. & Tan, Q., 2009. "Identification of optimal strategies for energy management systems planning under multiple uncertainties," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(4), pages 480-495, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.