Globalizing carbon lock-in
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2006)
Issue (Month): 10 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krause, Florentin, 1996. "The costs of mitigating carbon emissions : A review of methods and findings from European studies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(10-11), pages 899-915.
- Reddy, N. Mohan & Zhao, Liming, 1990. "International technology transfer: A review," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 285-307, August.
- Sagar, A. D. & Holdren, J. P., 2002. "Assessing the global energy innovation system: some key issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 465-469, May.
- Duchin, Faye & Lange, Glenn-Marie & Kell, Georg, 1995. "Technological change, trade and the environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 185-193, September.
- Unruh, Gregory C., 2002. "Escaping carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 317-325, March.
- Bernow, Stephen & Dougherty, William & Duckworth, Max & Brower, Michael, 1998. "An integrated approach to climate policy in the US electric power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 375-393, April.
- Unruh, Gregory C., 2000. "Understanding carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 817-830, October.
- Williams, Robin & Edge, David, 1996. "The social shaping of technology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 865-899, September.
- Schmidt, Robert C. & Marschinski, Robert, 2009. "A model of technological breakthrough in the renewable energy sector," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 435-444, December.
- Stewart Russell & Nils Markusson & Vivian Scott, 2012. "What will CCS demonstrations demonstrate?," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 17(6), pages 651-668, August.
- Simon Shackley & Michael Thompson, 2012. "Lost in the mix: will the technologies of carbon dioxide capture and storage provide us with a breathing space as we strive to make the transition from fossil fuels to renewables?," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 101-121, January.
- Markusson, Nils & Haszeldine, Stuart, 2010. "'Capture ready' regulation of fossil fuel power plants - Betting the UK's carbon emissions on promises of future technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6695-6702, November.
- Barbara Praetorius & Katja Schumacher, 2008.
"Greenhouse Gas Mitigation in a Carbon Constrained World: The Role of Carbon Capture and Storage,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
820, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Praetorius, Barbara & Schumacher, Katja, 2009. "Greenhouse gas mitigation in a carbon constrained world: The role of carbon capture and storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5081-5093, December.
- Michel, David, 2009. "Foxes, hedgehogs, and greenhouse governance: Knowledge, uncertainty, and international policy-making in a warming World," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 258-264, February.
- Bleischwitz, Raimund & Bader, Nikolas & Dannemand, Per & Nygaard, Anne, 2008. "EU Policies and Cluster Development of Hydrogen Communities," MPRA Paper 14501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evar, Benjamin, 2011. "Conditional inevitability: Expert perceptions of carbon capture and storage uncertainties in the UK context," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3414-3424, June.
- J. Onigkeit & N. Anger & B. Brouns, 2009. "Fairness aspects of linking the European emissions trading scheme under a long-term stabilization scenario for CO 2 concentration," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 477-494, June.
- Totti Konnola & Pablo Del Rio & Laura Pombo Juarez & Javier Carrillo-Hermosilla & Gregory C. Unruh, 2008.
"An empirical analysis of institutional barriers to European hydrogen RD%D cooperation,"
International Journal of Sustainable Development,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 11(1), pages 74-96.
- Javier Carrillo & Pablo Del Rio, 2007. "An Empirical Analysis of Institutional Barriers to European Hydrogen Rd&D Cooperation," Working Papers Economia wp07-13, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Barry Ball & Bertram Ehmann & John Foster & Craig Froome & Ove Hoegh-Guldberg & Paul Meredith & Lynette Molyneaux & Tapan Saha & Liam Wagner, 2011. "Delivering a Competitive Australian Power System. Part 1: Australia’s Global Position," Energy Economics and Management Group Working Papers 13, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Bleischwitz, Raimund & Bader, Nikolas, 2010. "Policies for the transition towards a hydrogen economy: the EU case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5388-5398, October.
- Arbuthnott, Katherine D. & Dolter, Brett, 2013. "Escalation of commitment to fossil fuels," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 7-13.
- Dulal, Hari Bansha & Shah, Kalim U. & Sapkota, Chandan & Uma, Gengaiah & Kandel, Bibek R., 2013. "Renewable energy diffusion in Asia: Can it happen without government support?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 301-311.
- Arvesen, Anders & Bright, Ryan M. & Hertwich, Edgar G., 2011. "Considering only first-order effects? How simplifications lead to unrealistic technology optimism in climate change mitigation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7448-7454.
- Sung Kim & Johannes Urpelainen, 2013. "International energy lending: who funds fossil fuels, who funds energy access for the poor?," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 411-423, November.
- Mathews, John, 2007. "Seven steps to curb global warming," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4247-4259, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.