Globalizing carbon lock-in
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2006)
Issue (Month): 10 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koomey, Jonathan G & Martin, Nathan C & Brown, Marilyn & Price, Lynn K & Levine, Mark D, 1998. "Costs of reducing carbon emissions: US building sector scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 433-440, April.
- Krause, Florentin, 1996. "The costs of mitigating carbon emissions : A review of methods and findings from European studies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(10-11), pages 899-915.
- Reddy, N. Mohan & Zhao, Liming, 1990. "International technology transfer: A review," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 285-307, August.
- Duchin, Faye & Lange, Glenn-Marie & Kell, Georg, 1995. "Technological change, trade and the environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 185-193, September.
- Sagar, A. D. & Holdren, J. P., 2002. "Assessing the global energy innovation system: some key issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 465-469, May.
- Unruh, Gregory C., 2000. "Understanding carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 817-830, October.
- Ruttan, Vernon W, 1997. "Induced Innovation, Evolutionary Theory and Path Dependence:," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(444), pages 1520-29, September.
- Williams, Robin & Edge, David, 1996. "The social shaping of technology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 865-899, September.
- Bernow, Stephen & Dougherty, William & Duckworth, Max & Brower, Michael, 1998. "An integrated approach to climate policy in the US electric power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 375-393, April.
- Unruh, Gregory C., 2002. "Escaping carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 317-325, March.
- Andrew H. Van de Ven, 1986. "Central Problems in the Management of Innovation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(5), pages 590-607, May.
- Arvesen, Anders & Bright, Ryan M. & Hertwich, Edgar G., 2011. "Considering only first-order effects? How simplifications lead to unrealistic technology optimism in climate change mitigation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7448-7454.
- J. Onigkeit & N. Anger & B. Brouns, 2009. "Fairness aspects of linking the European emissions trading scheme under a long-term stabilization scenario for CO 2 concentration," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 477-494, June.
- Michel, David, 2009. "Foxes, hedgehogs, and greenhouse governance: Knowledge, uncertainty, and international policy-making in a warming World," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 258-264, February.
- Barry Ball & Bertram Ehmann & John Foster & Craig Froome & Ove Hoegh-Guldberg & Paul Meredith & Lynette Molyneaux & Tapan Saha & Liam Wagner, 2011. "Delivering a Competitive Australian Power System. Part 1: Australia’s Global Position," Energy Economics and Management Group Working Papers 13, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Totti Konnola & Pablo Del Rio & Laura Pombo Juarez & Javier Carrillo-Hermosilla & Gregory C. Unruh, 2008.
"An empirical analysis of institutional barriers to European hydrogen RD%D cooperation,"
International Journal of Sustainable Development,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 11(1), pages 74-96.
- Javier Carrillo & Pablo Del Rio, 2007. "An Empirical Analysis of Institutional Barriers to European Hydrogen Rd&D Cooperation," Working Papers Economia wp07-13, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Schmidt, Robert C. & Marschinski, Robert, 2009. "A model of technological breakthrough in the renewable energy sector," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 435-444, December.
- Markusson, Nils & Haszeldine, Stuart, 2010. "'Capture ready' regulation of fossil fuel power plants - Betting the UK's carbon emissions on promises of future technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6695-6702, November.
- Evar, Benjamin, 2011. "Conditional inevitability: Expert perceptions of carbon capture and storage uncertainties in the UK context," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3414-3424, June.
- Barbara Praetorius & Katja Schumacher, 2008.
"Greenhouse Gas Mitigation in a Carbon Constrained World: The Role of Carbon Capture and Storage,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
820, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Praetorius, Barbara & Schumacher, Katja, 2009. "Greenhouse gas mitigation in a carbon constrained world: The role of carbon capture and storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5081-5093, December.
- Sung Kim & Johannes Urpelainen, 2013. "International energy lending: who funds fossil fuels, who funds energy access for the poor?," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 411-423, November.
- Fertel, Camille & Bahn, Olivier & Vaillancourt, Kathleen & Waaub, Jean-Philippe, 2013. "Canadian energy and climate policies: A SWOT analysis in search of federal/provincial coherence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1139-1150.
- Stewart Russell & Nils Markusson & Vivian Scott, 2012. "What will CCS demonstrations demonstrate?," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 17(6), pages 651-668, August.
- Mathews, John, 2007. "Seven steps to curb global warming," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4247-4259, August.
- Bleischwitz, Raimund & Bader, Nikolas, 2010. "Policies for the transition towards a hydrogen economy: the EU case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5388-5398, October.
- Simon Shackley & Michael Thompson, 2012. "Lost in the mix: will the technologies of carbon dioxide capture and storage provide us with a breathing space as we strive to make the transition from fossil fuels to renewables?," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 101-121, January.
- Dulal, Hari Bansha & Shah, Kalim U. & Sapkota, Chandan & Uma, Gengaiah & Kandel, Bibek R., 2013. "Renewable energy diffusion in Asia: Can it happen without government support?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 301-311.
- Bleischwitz, Raimund & Bader, Nikolas & Dannemand, Per & Nygaard, Anne, 2008.
"EU Policies and Cluster Development of Hydrogen Communities,"
14501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raimund Bleischwitz & Nikolas Bader & Anne Nygaard Madsen (Tanner) & Per Dannemand Andersen, 2008. "EU Policies and Cluster Development of Hydrogen Communities," Bruges European Economic Research Papers 14, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Arbuthnott, Katherine D. & Dolter, Brett, 2013. "Escalation of commitment to fossil fuels," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 7-13.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.