A simulation study of DEA and parametric frontier models in the presence of heteroscedasticity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 153 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Greene, William H., 1980. "Maximum likelihood estimation of econometric frontier functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 27-56, May.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-44, June.
- Richmond, J, 1974. "Estimating the Efficiency of Production," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(2), pages 515-21, June.
- Schmidt, Peter, 1976. "On the Statistical Estimation of Parametric Frontier Production Functions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(2), pages 238-39, May.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Gadh, Vandana M. & Gorr, Wilpen L., 1993. "A Monte Carlo comparison of two production frontier estimation methods: Corrected ordinary least squares and data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 332-343, June.
- Olson, Jerome A. & Schmidt, Peter & Waldman, Donald M., 1980. "A Monte Carlo study of estimators of stochastic frontier production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 67-82, May.
- Chunping Liu & Audrey Laporte & Brian S. Ferguson, 2008.
"The quantile regression approach to efficiency measurement: insights from Monte Carlo simulations,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(9), pages 1073-1087.
- ChunpingLiu & Audrey Laporte & Brian Ferguson, 2007. "The Quantile Regression Approach to Efficiency Measurement: Insights from Monte Carlo Simulations," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/14, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- José Lorenzo & Isabel Sánchez, 2007. "Efficiency evaluation in municipal services: an application to the street lighting service in Spain," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 149-162, June.
- Kyuseok Lee & Kyuwan Choi, 2010. "Cross redundancy and sensitivity in DEA models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 151-165, October.
- Xie, Xiaoying, 2010. "Are publicly held firms less efficient? Evidence from the US property-liability insurance industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1549-1563, July.
- Ahmed Salem Al-Eraqi & Carlos Pestana Barros & Adli Mustaffa & Ahamad Tajudin Khader, 2007. "Evaluating the Location Efficiency of Arabian and African Seaports Using Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA)," Working Papers Department of Economics 2007/19, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Giraleas, Dimitris & Emrouznejad, Ali & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2012. "Selecting between different productivity measurement approaches: An application using EU KLEMS data," MPRA Paper 37965, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.