A simulation study of DEA and parametric frontier models in the presence of heteroscedasticity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 153 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bojani, Antonio N. & Caudill, Steven B. & Ford, Jon M., 1998. "Small-sample properties of ML, COLS, and DEA estimators of frontier models in the presence of heteroscedasticity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 140-148, July.
- Greene, William H., 1980. "Maximum likelihood estimation of econometric frontier functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 27-56, May.
- Richmond, J, 1974. "Estimating the Efficiency of Production," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(2), pages 515-21, June.
- Olson, Jerome A. & Schmidt, Peter & Waldman, Donald M., 1980. "A Monte Carlo study of estimators of stochastic frontier production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 67-82, May.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Gadh, Vandana M. & Gorr, Wilpen L., 1993. "A Monte Carlo comparison of two production frontier estimation methods: Corrected ordinary least squares and data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 332-343, June.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-44, June.
- Schmidt, Peter, 1976. "On the Statistical Estimation of Parametric Frontier Production Functions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(2), pages 238-39, May.
- Kyuseok Lee & Kyuwan Choi, 2010. "Cross redundancy and sensitivity in DEA models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 151-165, October.
- repec:ise:isegwp:wp192007 is not listed on IDEAS
- ChunpingLiu & Audrey Laporte & Brian Ferguson, 2007.
"The Quantile Regression Approach to Efficiency Measurement: Insights from Monte Carlo Simulations,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
07/14, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Chunping Liu & Audrey Laporte & Brian S. Ferguson, 2008. "The quantile regression approach to efficiency measurement: insights from Monte Carlo simulations," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(9), pages 1073-1087.
- José Lorenzo & Isabel Sánchez, 2007. "Efficiency evaluation in municipal services: an application to the street lighting service in Spain," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 149-162, June.
- Xie, Xiaoying, 2010. "Are publicly held firms less efficient? Evidence from the US property-liability insurance industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1549-1563, July.
- Giraleas, Dimitris & Emrouznejad, Ali & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2012. "Selecting between different productivity measurement approaches: An application using EU KLEMS data," MPRA Paper 37965, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.