On the Statistical Estimation of Parametric Frontier Production Functions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 58 (1976)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ray C. Fair, 2004. "Estimated Age Effects in Athletic Events and Chess," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1495, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 2006.
- Olesen, O. B., 1995. "Some unsolved problems in data envelopment analysis: A survey," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 5-36, April.
- Ray C. Fair, 1991.
"How Fast Do Old Men Slow Down?,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
989, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ali Ugur, 2004. "Technical Efficiency in Irish Manufacturing Industry, 1991-1999," Trinity Economics Papers 20044, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Guerino Ardizzi, 2003. "Cost efficiency in the retail payment networks: first evidence from the Italian credit card system," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 480, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Chang, Hsihui & Cooper, William W., 2004. "A simulation study of DEA and parametric frontier models in the presence of heteroscedasticity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(3), pages 624-640, March.
- Kwon, Oh Sang & Yun, Won-Cheol & Hwan An, Dong, 2005. "Market value for thermal energy of cogeneration:: using shadow price estimation applied to cogeneration systems in Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1789-1795, September.
- Paul V. Preckel & Jay T. Akridge & Michael A. Boland, 1997. "Efficiency measures for retail fertilizer dealers," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 497-509.
- Resti, Andrea, 1997. "Evaluating the cost-efficiency of the Italian Banking System: What can be learned from the joint application of parametric and non-parametric techniques," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 221-250, February.
- Rien Wagenvoort & Paul Schure, 2005.
"A Recursive Thick Frontier Approach To Estimating Production Efficiency,"
Econometrics Working Papers
0503, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Rien J. L. M. Wagenvoort & Paul H. Schure, 2006. "A Recursive Thick Frontier Approach to Estimating Production Efficiency," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(2), pages 183-201, 04.
- Mohamed El Arbi Chaffai, 1989. "Estimation de frontières de production et de l'inefficacité technique. Application aux entreprises tunisiennes," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 91(5), pages 67-73.
- Munir Ahmad & Azkar Ahmad, 1998. "An Analysis of the Sources of Wheat Output Growth in the Barani Area of the Punjab," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 37(3), pages 231-249.
- Zuniga Gonzalez, Carlos Alberto, 2009. "Analysis Of The Technical Effciency Of The Stochastic Frontier Production Function In Forest Farming Nicaragua 1998-2005," Miscellaneous Papers 56197, Agecon Search.
- Battese, George E. & Corra, Greg S., 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(03), December.
- Desai, Anand & Ratick, Samuel J. & Schinnar, Arie P., 2005. "Data envelopment analysis with stochastic variations in data," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 147-164, June.
- Kao, Chiang & Pao, Hwei-Lan, 2012. "Predicting project approvals: A case of grants from the National Science Council of Taiwan," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 89-95, January.
- Kwon, Oh Sang & Yun, Won-Cheol, 1999. "Estimation of the marginal abatement costs of airborne pollutants in Korea's power generation sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 545-558, December.
- Nguyen, Khac Minh & Giang, Thanh Long, 2005. "Efficiency of Construction Firms in Vietnam," MPRA Paper 968, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2006.
- Thiam, Abdourahmane & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Rivas, Teodoro E., 2001. "Technical efficiency in developing country agriculture: a meta-analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 235-243, September.
- Qayyum, Abdul & Ahmad, Munir, 2006. "Efficiency and Sustainability of Micro Finance," MPRA Paper 11674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zuniga Gonzalez, Carlos Alberto, 2009. "Technical Efficiency Analysis Of The Pnv Unit Unan-Leon Using Production Function Stochastic Frontier, 2007-2008," Miscellaneous Papers 56196, Agecon Search.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.