Why is on-net traffic cheaper than off-net traffic Access markup as a collusive device
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 52 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klemperer, Paul, 1995. "Competition When Consumers Have Switching Costs: An Overview with Applications to Industrial Organization, Macroeconomics, and International Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 515-39, October.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:71:y:2001:i:3:p:413-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shilony, Yuval, 1977. "Mixed pricing in oligopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 373-388, April.
- Klemperer, Paul D, 1987. "Entry Deterrence in Markets with Consumer Switching Costs," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388a), pages 99-117, Supplemen.
- Dessein, Wouter, 2003.
" Network Competition in Nonlinear Pricing,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 593-611, Winter.
- Gabrielsen, Tommy Staahl & Vagstad, Steinar, 2003. "Consumer heterogeneity, incomplete information and pricing in a duopoly with switching costs," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 384-401, September.
- Gabrielsen, Tommy Staahl & Vagstad, Steinar, 2002. "Markets with Consumer Switching Costs and Non-Linear Pricing," Working Papers in Economics 04/02, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Armstrong, Mark, 1998. "Network Interconnection in Telecommunications," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(448), pages 545-64, May.
- Klemperer, Paul, 1987. "Markets with Consumer Switching Costs," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(2), pages 375-94, May.
- Torben Stühmeier, 2013.
"Access regulation with asymmetric termination costs,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 60-89, January.
- Stühmeier, Torben, 2011. "Access regulation with asymmetric termination costs," DICE Discussion Papers 29, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich & Stühmeier, Torben, 2010. "Wettbewerb im deutschen Mobilfunkmarkt," DICE Ordnungspolitische Perspektiven 04, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Steffen Hoernig & Roman Inderst & Tommaso Valletti, 2011.
"Calling Circles: Network Competition with Non-Uniform Calling Patterns,"
CEIS Research Paper
206, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 04 Jul 2011.
- Hoernig, Steffen & Inderst, Roman & Valletti, Tommaso, 2010. "Calling Circles: Network Competition with Non-Uniform Calling Patterns," CEPR Discussion Papers 8114, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yu-Shan Lo, . "Market Shares, Consumer Ignorance and the Reciprocal Termination Charges," Discussion Papers 09/19, Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:lmu:msmdpa:12688 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hoernig, Steffen, 2008. "Tariff-Mediated Network Externalities: Is Regulatory Intervention Any Good?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6866, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mark Armstrong & Julian Wright, 2009. "Mobile Call Termination," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(538), pages F270-F307, 06.
- A. Banerji & Bhaskar Dutta, 2008.
"Local network externalities and market segmentation,"
Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers
08-13, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Banerji, A. & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2009. "Local network externalities and market segmentation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 605-614, September.
- Banerji, A & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2005. "Local Network Externalities and Market Segmentation," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 725, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Zucchini, Leon & Claussen, Jörg & Trüg, Moritz, 2013. "Tariff-Mediated Network Effects versus Strategic Discounting: Evidence from German Mobile Telecommunications," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 14848, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Vogelsang, Ingo, 2010. "The relationship between mobile and fixed-line communications: A survey," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 4-17, March.
- Pio Baake & Kay Mitusch, 2009.
"Mobile phone termination charges with asymmetric regulation,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 96(3), pages 241-261, April.
- Pio Baake & Kay Mitusch, 2005. "Mobile Phone Termination Charges with Asymmetric Regulation," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 500, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:lmu:msmdpa:13764 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stühmeier, Torben, 2010. "Fixed to VoIP Interconnection: Regulation with Asymmetric Termination Costs," 21st European Regional ITS Conference, Copenhagen 2010: Telecommunications at new crossroads - Changing value configurations, user roles, and regulation 34, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Muck, Johannes, 2012. "The effect of on-net / off-net differentiation and heterogeneuous consumers on network size in mobile telecommunications : an agent-based aporoach," 23rd European Regional ITS Conference, Vienna 2012 60355, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Muck, Johannes, 2012. "The Effect of On-net/Off-net Differentiation and Heterogeneous Consumers on Network Size in Mobile Telecommunications – An Agent-based Approach," 19th ITS Biennial Conference, Bangkok 2012: Moving Forward with Future Technologies - Opening a Platform for All 72477, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.