On the persistence of rationing following liberalization: A theory for economies in transition
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 40 (1996)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berkowitz, D. & Mitchneck, B., 1992. "Fiscal Decentralization in the Soviet Economy," Working papers 9202, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Brock, William A & Scheinkman, Jose A, 1985. "Price Setting Supergames with Capacity Constraints," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 371-82, July.
- Levitan, Richard & Shubik, Martin, 1972.
"Price Duopoly and Capacity Constraints,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(1), pages 111-22, February.
- Deneckere, Raymond J & Kovenock, Dan, 1992.
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 143-62, January.
- Dewatripont, M & Roland, G, 1992. "Economic Reform and Dynamic Political Constraints," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 703-30, October.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1991. "Price Distortion and Shortage Deformation, or What Happened to the Soap?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 401-14, June.
- Vincent Koen & Steven Phillips, 1992. "Price Liberalization in Russia: The Early Record," IMF Working Papers 92/92, International Monetary Fund.
- Gardner, Bruce & Brooks, Karen M., 1993. "How retail food markets responded to price liberalization in Russia after January 1992," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1140, The World Bank.
- Van Wijnbergen, S., 1991.
"Intertemporal Speculation , Shortages annd the Political Economy of Price Reform,"
9149, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1992. "Intertemporal Speculation, Shortages and the Political Economy of Price Reform," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(415), pages 1395-406, November.
- Wijnbergen, S. van, 1991. "Intertemporal Speculation, Shortages and the Political Economy of Price Reform," Discussion Paper 1991-49, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Daniel Berkowitz & Beth Mitchneck, 1992. "Fiscal Decentralization in the Soviet Economy*," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(2), pages 1-18, July.
- Osband, Kent, 1992. "Economic Crisis in a Shortage Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 673-90, August.
- Hagen, Kare P, 1979. " Optimal Pricing in Public Firms in an Imperfect Market Economy," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(4), pages 475-93.
- Richard G. Harris & Elmer G. Wiens, 1980. "Government Enterprise: An Instrument for the Internal Regulation of Industry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 125-32, February.
- Alexeev, Michael & Leitzel, James, 2001.
"Income distribution and price controls: Targeting a social safety net during economic transition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1647-1663, October.
- Michael Alexeev & James Leitzel, 1999. "Income Distribution and Price Controls: Targeting a Social Safety Net During Economic Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 281, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Daniel Berkowitz & David DeJong, 1998.
"Russia's Internal Border,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
189, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- de Melo, Martha & Ofer, Gur, 1999. "The Russian city in transition - the first six years in ten Volga capitals," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2165, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.