A federal voting mechanism to solve the fiscal-externality problem
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 40 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bureau, Dominique & Champsaur, Paul, 1992. "Fiscal Federalism and European Economic Unification," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 88-92, May.
- WILDASIN, David E., .
"Interjurisdictional capital mobility: Fiscal externality and a corrective subsidy,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-831, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wildasin, David E., 1989. "Interjurisdictional capital mobility: Fiscal externality and a corrective subsidy," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 193-212, March.
- Jones, Larry E & Manuelli, Rodolfo E & Rossi, Peter E, 1993. "Optimal Taxation in Models of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 485-517, June.
- Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido, 1991.
"The Politics of 1992: Fiscal Policy and European Integration,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
501, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido, 1992. "The Politics of 1992: Fiscal Policy and European Integration," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 689-701, October.
- Torsten Persson & Guido Tabellini, 1990. "The Politics of 1992: Fiscal Policy and European Integration," NBER Working Papers 3460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Musgrave, Richard A, 1969. "Theories of Fiscal Federalism," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 24(4), pages 521-36.
- Giovannini, Alberto, 1990. "International capital mobility and capital-income taxation : Theory and policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(2-3), pages 480-488, May.
- Krelove, R., 1992. "Competitive tax theory in open economies : Constrained inefficiency and a Pigovian remedy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 361-375, August.
- repec:fth:michin:280 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goodspeed, Timothy J., 1999.
"Tax competition and tax structure in open federal economies: evidence from OECD countries with implications for the European Union,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
99-39, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Goodspeed, Timothy J., 2002. "Tax competition and tax structure in open federal economies: Evidence from OECD countries with implications for the European Union," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 357-374, February.
- Andreas Kyriacou, 2009. "Decision rules, membership and political centralization in the European Union," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 143-158, April.
- Jorge Blázquez, 1998. "Estructura federal, bienestar e inestabilidad política: un modelo de gasto público con externalidades internacionales," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 22(1), pages 119-149, January.
- Kollintzas, Tryphon & Philippopoulos, Apostolis & Vassilatos, Vanghelis, 1999. "Normative Aspects of Fiscal Policy in an Economic Union: a Review," CEPR Discussion Papers 2212, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean Hindriks & Gareth D. Myles, 2003.
"Strategic Inter-Regional Transfers,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 5(2), pages 229-248, 04.
- De Donder, Philippe & Hindriks, Jean, 1999. "Un modèle simple de concurrence fiscale où la mobilité des pauvres favorise la redistribution," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 75(1), pages 253-268, mars-juin.
- Alessandra Casella, 2002.
"Redistribution policy: A European model,"
0203-06, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Ellingsen, Tore, 1998. "Externalities vs internalities: a model of political integration," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 251-268, May.
- Jean Hindriks & Gareth D. Myles, 2000. "Strategic Inter-Regional Transfers," Working Papers 417, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Lee, Kangoh, 1998. "Uncertain income and redistribution in a federal system," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 413-433, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.