Nonparametric bootstrap analysis with applications to demographic effects in demand functions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 81 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1981. "Demographic Variables in Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1533-51, November.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1991. "The Rank of Demand Systems: Theory and Nonparametric Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 711-30, May.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1978. "Estimation of Complete Demand Systems from Household Budget Data: The Linear and Quadratic Expenditure Systems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(3), pages 348-59, June.
- Hardle, W. & Jerison, M., 1990.
"Cross section Engel curves over time,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1990016, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- HÄRDLE, Wolfgang & JERISON, Michael, . "Cross section Engel curves over time," CORE Discussion Papers RP -991, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wolfgang HÄRDLE & Michael JERISON, 1991. "Cross section Engel Curves over Time," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1991045, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Haerdle,Wolfgang Jerison,Michael, 1988. "Cross section Engel curves over time," Discussion Paper Serie A 160, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1986. "On Measuring Child Costs: With Applications to Poor Countries," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 720-44, August.
- Blundell, R. W., 1980. "Estimating continuous consumer equivalence scales in an expenditure model with labour supply," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 145-157.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, April.
- Pedro Gozalo & Oliver Linton, 1994. "Local Nonlinear Least Squares Estimation: Using Parametric Information Nonparametrically," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1075, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Deaton, Angus, 1986. "Demand analysis," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 30, pages 1767-1839 Elsevier.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1980. "Comparison of the Quadratic Expenditure System and Translog Demand Systems with Alternative Specifications of Demographic Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 595-612, April.
- Deaton, Angus S & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier & Thomas, Duncan, 1989. "The Influence of Household Composition on Household Expenditure Patterns: Theory and Spanish Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(1), pages 179-200, February.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1989. "Household equivalence scales and welfare comparisons," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 377-391, August.
- Browning, Martin, 1992. "Children and Household Economic Behavior," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(3), pages 1434-75, September.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Gozalo, Pedro L., 1993. "A Consistent Model Specification Test for Nonparametric Estimation of Regression Function Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 451-477, June.
- Blundell, Richard & Pashardes, Panos & Weber, Guglielmo, 1993. "What Do We Learn About Consumer Demand Patterns from Micro Data?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 570-97, June.
- Missong, Martin & Rolf, Anja, 2004. "Utility based regional purchasing power parities," FE Working Papers 0403, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Food Economics and Consumption Studies.
- Yiguo Sun & Thanasis Stengos & Dianqin Wang, 2006.
"Estimates of semiparametric equivalence scales,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(5), pages 629-639.
- Haag, Berthold R. & Hoderlein, Stefan & Pendakur, Krishna, 2009. "Testing and imposing Slutsky symmetry in nonparametric demand systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 153(1), pages 33-50, November.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2007:i:21:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pascal Lavergne & Valentin Patilea, 2006.
"Breaking the Curse of Dimensionality in Nonparametric Testing,"
2006-24, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Lavergne, Pascal & Patilea, Valentin, 2008. "Breaking the curse of dimensionality in nonparametric testing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 103-122, March.
- Pascal Lavergne & Valentin Patilea, 2008.
"One for All and All for One:Regression Checks With Many Regressors,"
dp08-06, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Lavergne, Pascal & Patilea, Valentin, 2011. "One for all and all for one: regression checks with many regressors," MPRA Paper 35779, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pascal Lavergne & Valentin Patilea, 2007. "One for All and All for One : Regression Checks with Many Regressors”," Working Papers 2007-12, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Donaldson, David & Pendakur, Krishna, 2004. "Equivalent-expenditure functions and expenditure-dependent equivalence scales," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1-2), pages 175-208, January.
- Thanasis Stengos & Dianqin Wang, 2007. "Testing for Shape Invariance of Semiparametric Equivalence Scales," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(21), pages 1-11.
- Lyssiotou, Panayiota, 2012. "Demographics and demand: Evaluation of alternative functional forms," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 627-631.
- Dennis Kristensen, 2007. "Nonparametric Estimation and Misspecification Testing of Diffusion Models," CREATES Research Papers 2007-01, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Krishna Pendakur, 2005.
"Semiparametric estimation of lifetime equivalence scales,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 487-507.
- Pendakur, K., 1999. "Semiparametric Estimation of Lifetime Equivalence Scales," Discussion Papers dp99-9, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Carlos Arias & Vincenzo Atella & Raffaella Castagnini & Federico Perali, 2003.
"Estimation of the Sharing Rule between Adults and Children and Related Equivalence Scales within a Collective Consumption Framework,"
CHILD Working Papers
wp07_03, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Vincenzo Atella & Carlos Arias & Federico Perali & Raffaella Castagnini, 2003. "Estimation of the Sharing Rule Between Adults and Children and Related Equivalence Scales Within a Collective Consumption Framework," CEIS Research Paper 28, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Pendakur, Krishna, 1998. "Semiparametric estimates and tests of base-independent equivalence scales," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 1-40, November.
- Fabrizio Balli, 2012. "Are Traditional Equivalence Scales Still Useful? A Review and A Possible Answer," Department of Economics University of Siena 656, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Emmanuel Guerre & Pascal Lavergne, 2004. "Data-Driven Rate-Optimal Specification Testing In Regression Models," Econometrics 0411008, EconWPA.
- Zapata, Hector O. & Sulgham, Anil K., 2006. "A Semiparametric Approach to Estimate Engel curves using the US Micro Data," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21092, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.