Alternative methods of detrending and the power of unit root tests
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 71 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1-2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmidt, Peter & Phillips, C B Peter, 1992. "LM Tests for a Unit Root in the Presence of Deterministic Trends," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 257-87, August.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985.
"Understanding Spurious Regressions in Econometrics,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
757, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1986. "Understanding spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 311-340, December.
- Schmidt, Peter & Lee, Junsoo, 1991.
"A modification of the Schmidt-Phillips unit root test,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 285-289, July.
- Lee, J. & Schmidt, P., 1991. "A Modification of the Schmidt-Phillips Unit Root Test," Papers 9001, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Graham Elliott & Thomas J. Rothenberg & James H. Stock, 1992.
"Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dufour, Jean-Marie & King, Maxwell L., 1991. "Optimal invariant tests for the autocorrelation coefficient in linear regressions with stationary or nonstationary AR(1) errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 115-143, January.
- Bhargava, Alok, 1986. "On the Theory of Testing for Unit Roots in Observed Time Series," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 369-84, July.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Tilak Abeysinghe & Gulasekaran Rajaguru, 2010.
"A Gaussian Test for Cointegration,"
Macroeconomics Working Papers
23040, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Tilak Abeysinghe & Gulasekaran Rajaguru, 2009. "A Gaussian Test for Cointegration," Microeconomics Working Papers 22013, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Gulasekaran Rajaguru & Tilak Abeysinghe, 2009. "A Gaussian Test for Cointegration," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0905, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Jang, Myoung Jin & Shin, Dong Wan, 2005. "Comparison of panel unit root tests under cross sectional dependence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 12-17, October.
- Ismael Sánchez, 2004. "Implementing unit roost tests in ARMA models of unknow order," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 249-266, April.
- Shin, Dong Wan & So, Beong Soo, 2002. "Recursive mean adjustment and tests for nonstationarities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 203-208, April.
- Wolters, Jürgen & Hassler, Uwe, 2005.
"Unit root testing,"
2005/23, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Sanchez, Ismael, 1998. "Testing for Unit Roots with Prediction Errors," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt8pc6n1j8, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- So, Beong Soo & Shin, Dong Wan, 2001. "An invariant sign test for random walks based on recursive median adjustment," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 197-229, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.