The MM, ME, ML, EL, EF and GMM approaches to estimation: a synthesis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 107 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guido W. Imbens & Phillip Johnson & Richard H. Spady, 1995.
"Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guido W. Imbens & Richard H. Spady & Phillip Johnson, 1998. "Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(2), pages 333-358, March.
- Guido W Imbens, Phillip Johnson & Richard H Spady, . "Information theoretic approaches to inference in moment condition model," Economics Papers W12., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Guido W. Imbens & Phillip Johnson & Richard H. Spady, 1995. "Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1736, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Imbens, G.W. & Johnson, P. & Spady, R.H., 1995. "Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Movement Condition Models," Economics Papers 99, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Crowder, Martin, 1986. "On Consistency and Inconsistency of Estimating Equations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(03), pages 305-330, December.
- Urzúa, Carlos M., 1988. "A Class of Maximum-Entropy Multivariate Distributions," EGAP Working Papers 200301, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México.
- Goldberger, Arthur S, 1972. "Structural Equation Methods in the Social Sciences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(6), pages 979-1001, November.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-25, April.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Heaton, John & Yaron, Amir, 1996. "Finite-Sample Properties of Some Alternative GMM Estimators," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(3), pages 262-80, July.
- Vinod, H. D., 1998. "FELLOW'S CORNER Foundations of statistical inference based on numerical roots of robust pivot functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 387-396, June.
- Cowell, Frank A, 1980. "On the Structure of Additive Inequality Measures," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 521-31, April.
- Li, David X & Turtle, H J, 2000. "Semiparametric ARCH Models: An Estimating Function Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(2), pages 174-86, April.
- Miller, D. & Golan, Amos & Judge, G., 1998. "Information Recovery in Simultaneous Equation Statistical Models," Staff General Research Papers 1319, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Zellner, Arnold & Highfield, Richard A., 1988. "Calculation of maximum entropy distributions and approximation of marginalposterior distributions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 195-209, February.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-54, July.
- Koenker, Roger, 2000. "Galton, Edgeworth, Frisch, and prospects for quantile regression in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 347-374, April.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, G. & Miller, D., 1997. "The Maximum Entropy Approach to Estimation and Inference: An Overview," Staff General Research Papers 1327, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Phillips, Peter C.B., 1985. "Professor J. D. Sargan," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 119-139, April.
- Back, Kerry & Brown, David P, 1993. "Implied Probabilities in GMM Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 971-75, July.
- Antoine, Bertille & Bonnal, Helene & Renault, Eric, 2007.
"On the efficient use of the informational content of estimating equations: Implied probabilities and Euclidean empirical likelihood,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 461-487, June.
- Hélène Bonnal & Éric Renault, 2004. "On the Efficient Use of the Informational Content of Estimating Equations: Implied Probabilities and Euclidean Empirical Likelihood," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-18, CIRANO.
- Timothy K.M. Beatty, 2007. "Recovering the Shadow Value of Nutrients," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(1), pages 52-62.
- Allen, David & Ng, K.H. & Peiris, Shelton, 2013. "Estimating and simulating Weibull models of risk or price durations: An application to ACD models," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 214-225.
- Fabrizio Cipollini & Robert F. Engle & Giampiero M. Gallo, 2009. "Semiparametric vector MEM," Econometrics Working Papers Archive wp2009_03, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
- Lauren Bin Dong, 2004. "The Behrens-Fisher Problem: An Empirical Likelihood Ratio Approach," Econometrics Working Papers 0404, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Judge, George G. & Miller, Douglas J. & Cho, Wendy K. T., 2003. "An Information Theoretic Approach to Ecological Estimation and Inference," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7h03r00q, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Hu, Wuyang & Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Veeman, Michele M., 2005. "Bayesian Analysis of Consumer Choices with Taste, Context, Reference Point and Individual Scale Effects," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19296, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2009. "Generating plausible crop distribution maps for Sub-Saharan Africa using a spatially disaggregated data fusion and optimization approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 99(2-3), pages 126-140, February.
- Lauren Bin Dong & David E. A. Giles, 2004. "An Empirical Likelihood Ratio Test for Normality," Econometrics Working Papers 0401, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Walker, Todd B & Haley, M. Ryan, 2009. "Alternative Tilts for Nonparametric Option Pricing," MPRA Paper 17140, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Changchun Wu & Runchu Zhang, 2006. "An Information-theoretic Approach to the Effective Usage of Auxiliary Information from Survey Data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 58(3), pages 499-509, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.