Further evidence on the variability of inflation and relative price variability
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 66 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cukierman, Alex, 1979. "The Relationship between Relative Prices and the General Price Level: A Suggested Interpretation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 444-47, June.
- Lach, Saul & Tsiddon, Daniel, 1993. "The effects of expected and unexpected inflation on the variability of relative prices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 53-56.
- Parks, Richard W, 1978. "Inflation and Relative Price Variability," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(1), pages 79-95, February.
- Barro, Robert J., 1976. "Rational expectations and the role of monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Marquez, Jaime & Vining, Daniel, 1983. "A note on the variability of inflation and the dispersion of relative price changes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 243-249.
- Vining, Daniel R, Jr & Elwertowski, Thomas C, 1976. "The Relationship between Relative Prices and the General Price Level," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 699-708, September.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1980. "The Consumer Price Index and the Measurement of Recent Inflation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 11(2), pages 539-573.
- Domberger, Simon, 1987. "Relative Price Variability and Inflation: A Disaggregated Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 547-66, June.
- Zvi Hercowitz, 1980.
"Money and the Dispersion of Relative Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
0431, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Park, Sang Yong & Reinganum, Marc R., 1986. "The puzzling price behavior of treasury bills that mature at the turn of calendar months," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 267-283, June.
- Lach, Saul & Tsiddon, Daniel, 1992. "The Behavior of Prices and Inflation: An Empirical Analysis of Disaggregated Price Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 349-89, April.
- Caporale, Tony & McKiernan, Barbara, 1997. "High and variable inflation: Further evidence on the Friedman hypothesis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 65-68, January.
- Cukierman, Alex, 1982. "Relative price variability, inflation and the allocative efficiency of the price system," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 131-162.
- Rather, Sartaj Rasool & Durai, S. Raja Sethu & Ramachandran, M., 2014. "Inflation and relative price variability: Evidence for India," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 32-41.
- Fengler, Matthias R. & Winter, Joachim K., 2000.
"Price variability and price dispersion in a stable monetary environment: Evidence from German retail markets,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
2000,90, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Matthias R. Fengler & Joachim K. Winter, 2007. "Price variability and price dispersion in a stable monetary environment: evidence from German retail markets," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 789-801.
- Fengler, Matthias R. & Winter, Joachim, 2007. "Price variability and price dispersion in a stable monetary environment: Evidence from German retail markets," Munich Reprints in Economics 20338, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Mª Ángeles Caraballo Pou & Carlos Dabús & Diego Caramuta, 2006. "A Non-linear "Inflation-Relative Prices Variability" Relationship: Evidence from Latin America," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2006/09, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- André Binette & Sylvain Martel, 2005. "Inflation and Relative Price Dispersion in Canada: An Empirical Assessment," Working Papers 05-28, Bank of Canada.
- Baek, Jungho, 2010. "Inflation and Intramarket Price Variability: Empirical Evidence from U.S. Food Products," Journal of Rural Development/Nongchon-Gyeongje, Korea Rural Economic Institute, vol. 33(4), October.
- Abdul Karim, Zulkefly & Zaidi, Mohd Azlan Shah & Jusoh, Mansor, 2008.
"Variabiliti harga relatif dan inflasi : bukti empirikal di Semenanjung Malaysia, Sabah dan Sarawak
[Relative price variability and inflation: empirical evidence in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sa," MPRA Paper 26970, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2008.
- Alexander Bick & Dieter Nautz, 2008. "Inflation Thresholds and Relative Price Variability: Evidence from U.S. Cities," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 4(3), pages 61-76, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.