Protection and the gainful effects of foreign capital
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 53 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Yu, Eden S. H., 1994. "Foreign capital inflows and welfare in an economy with imperfect competition," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 141-154, October.
- Neary, J Peter & Ruane, Frances, 1985.
"International Capital Mobility, Shadow Prices and the Cost of Protection,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
58, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Neary, Peter & Ruane, Frances P, 1988. "International Capital Mobility, Shadow Prices, and the Cost of Protection," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(4), pages 571-85, November.
- Beladi, H. & Marjit, S., 1992.
"Foreign Capital and Protectionism,"
RCER Working Papers
310, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2008. "International Factor Mobility, Skills Formation and Welfare," MPRA Paper 9302, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gilbert, John, 2000. "Raw Materials, Processing Incentives And Foreign Ownership," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21866, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2001.
"Foreign Capital Inflow, Non-traded Intermediary, Urban Unemployment, and Welfare in a Small Open Economy: A Theoretical Analysis,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 40(3), pages 225-235.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2005. "Foreign Capital Inflow, Non-Traded Intermediary, Urban Unemployment And Welfare In A Small Open Economy: A Theoretical Analysis," International Trade 0511008, EconWPA.
- Kar, Saibal & Marjit, Sugata, 2001. "Informal sector in general equilibrium: welfare effects of trade policy reforms," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 289-300, July.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Banerjee, Dibyendu, 2010.
"FDI in Agricultural Land, Welfare and Unemployment in a Developing Economy,"
23488, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Banerjee, Dibyendu, 2010. "FDI in agricultural land, welfare and unemployment in a developing economy," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 229-239, December.
- Kar, Saibal & Beladi, Hamid, 2004. "Skill formation and international migration: welfare perspective of developing countries," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 35-54, January.
- Gilbert, John & Tower, Edward, 2002. "Protectionism, labor mobility, and immiserizing growth in developing economies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 135-140, March.
- Marjit, Sugata & Mandal, Biswajit, 2009.
"General Trading Costs in Pure Theory of International Trade,"
19290, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sugata Marjit & Biswajit Mandal, 2009. "General Trading Costs in Pure Theory of International Trade," DEGIT Conference Papers c014_011, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Banerjee, Dibyendu, 2009. "Foreign Capital, National Welfare and Unemployment in a Fair Wage Model," MPRA Paper 18005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Broll, Udo & Hansen, Sabine & Marjit, Sugata, 2004. "Domestic labor, foreign capital and national welfare," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 12/04, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Avik Chakrabarti, 2005. "The Heckscher-Ohlin-Vanek Theorem and International Factor Price Differences," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 407-412, October.
- Mukhopadhyay, Ujjaini & Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2011. "Economic liberalization, gender wage inequality and welfare – a theoretical analysis," MPRA Paper 32954, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chakraborty, Brati Sankar, 2001. "Welfare consequence of capital inflow for a small tariff-protected economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 305-316, October.
- Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Hamid, 1999. "Complementarity between Import Competition and Import Promotion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 280-285, June.
- Gilbert, John & Wahl, Thomas, 2001. "Export restrictions, urban unemployment, and the location of processing activities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 105-110, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.