Flexible exchange rates and the J-curve: An alternative approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 48 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Rose, Andrew K., 1990. "Exchange rates and the trade balance : Some evidence from developing countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 271-275, November.
- Rose, Andrew K. & Yellen, Janet L., 1989. "Is there a J-curve?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 53-68, July.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:26:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Zohre Ardalani, 2007. "Is there a J-Curve at the Industry Level?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(26), pages 1-12.
- Lal, Anil K. & Lowinger, Thomas C., 2002. "Nominal effective exchange rate and trade balance adjustment in South Asia countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 371-383.
- Paul J.J. Welfens, 2009. "Innovationen und Transatlantische Bankenkrise: Eine ordnungspolitische Analyse," EIIW Discussion paper disbei171, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- George Georgopoulos, 2008. "The J-curve Revisited: An Empirical Analysis for Canada," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 36(3), pages 315-332, September.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Charikleia Economidou & Gour Goswami, 2006. "Bilateral J-curve between the UK vis-a-vis her major trading partners," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(8), pages 879-888.
- Kimbugwe, Hassan, 2006. "The bilateral J-Curve hypothesis between Turkey and her 9 trading partners," MPRA Paper 4254, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ka Ming Cheng & Hyeongwoo Kim & Henry Thompson, 2011. "The US Tourism Trade Balance and Exchange Rate Shock," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2011-12, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Elif Akbostanci, 2002. "Dynamics of the trade balance: The Turkish J-curve," ERC Working Papers 0205, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised May 2002.
- Cheng, Ka Ming & Kim, Hyeongwoo & Thompson, Henry, 2009. "The Exchange Rate and US Tourism Balance of Trade," MPRA Paper 18318, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chomteu Kouam, Sorel Francine & Abo Ekomie, Alain & Bahouayila, Chancel, 2010.
"Effet du taux de change réel sur la balance commerciale: le cas du Gabon
[The Impact of Real Exchange Rates on the Trade Balance: The Case of Gabon]," MPRA Paper 38606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Tatchawan Kantipong, 2001. "Bilateral J-Curve Between Thailand and Her Trading Partners," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 107-117, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.