On the optimal hedge under unbiased futures prices
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 47 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Other versions of this item:
- Lence, Sergio H., 1995. "On the Optimal Hedge Under Unbiased Futures Prices," Staff General Research Papers 5115, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lence, Sergio H. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Meyers, William H., 1992. "Futures Markets and Marketing Firms: The U.S. Soybean-Processing Industry," Staff General Research Papers 482, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Baillie, Richard T & Myers, Robert J, 1991. "Bivariate GARCH Estimation of the Optimal Commodity Futures Hedge," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 109-24, April-Jun.
- Benninga, Simon & Eldor, Rafael & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1983. "Optimal hedging in the futures market under price uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 141-145.
- Holthausen, Duncan M, 1979. "Hedging and the Competitive Firm under Price Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 989-95, December.
- Anton Bekkerman, 2011. "Time-varying hedge ratios in linked agricultural markets," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 71(2), pages 179-200, July.
- Battermann, Harald L & Broll, Udo, 2001. "Inflation Risk, Hedging, and Exports," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 355-62, October.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Myers, Robert J., 2002.
"Testing for constant hedge ratios in commodity markets: a multivariate GARCH approach,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 589-603, December.
- GianCarlo Moschini & Robert J. Myers, 2001. "Testing for Constant Hedge Ratios in Commodity Markets: A Multivariate GARCH Approach," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 01-wp268, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Myers, Robert J., 2002. "Testing for Constant Hedge Ratios in Commodity Markets: A Multivariate Garch Approach," Staff General Research Papers 1945, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lai, Jing-Yi & Myers, Robert J. & Hanson, Steven D., 2003. "Optimal On-Farm Grain Storage by Risk-Averse Farmers," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(03), December.
- Vicente Meneu & Hipolit Torro, . "Asymmetric covariance in sport-future markets," Studies on the Spanish Economy 135, FEDEA.
- Lien, Donald & Kwak, Soojong, 2006. "Provisional liquidation of futures hedge programs," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 266-273, March.
- Broll, Udo & Wahl, Jack E., 1998. "Missing risk sharing markets and the benefits of cross-hedging in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 43-56, February.
- John Cotter & Jim Hanly, 2011.
"Time Varying Risk Aversion: An Application to Energy Hedging,"
- Cotter, John & Hanly, Jim, 2010. "Time-varying risk aversion: An application to energy hedging," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 432-441, March.
- John Cotter & Jim Hanly, 2010. "Time Varying Risk Aversion: An Application to Energy Hedging," Working Papers 201007, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Rodt, Marc & Schäfer, Klaus, 2005. "Absicherung von Strompreisrisiken mit Futures: Theorie und Empirie," Freiberg Working Papers 2005,18, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Vadhindran K. Rao, 2011. "Multiperiod Hedging using Futures: Mean Reversion and the Optimal Hedging Path," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(1), pages 133-161, December.
- Wong, Kit Pong, 2013. "Fixed versus variable rate loans under state-dependent preferences," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 659-663.
- Rao, Vadhindran K., 2000. "Preference-free optimal hedging using futures," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 223-228, February.
- Moawia Alghalith & Ricardo Lalloob, 2012. "A General Empirical Model of Hedging," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Adam-Müller, Axel F.A. & Nolte, Ingmar, 2011. "Cross hedging under multiplicative basis risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2956-2964, November.
- Axel F. A. Adam-Müller, 2001. "What to Do if Dollar is Not a Dollar? The Impact of Inflation Risk on Production and Risk Management," CoFE Discussion Paper 01-06, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.