On measuring the efficiency of monetary policy
AbstractCecchetti et al. (2006) develop a method for allocating macroeconomic performance changes among the structure of the economy, variability of supply shocks and monetary policy. We propose a dual approach of their method by borrowing well-known tools from the production theory.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 117 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Efficiency frontier; Inflation variability; Farrell measure; Malmquist index;
Other versions of this item:
- Briec, Walter & Gabillon, Emmanuelle & Lasselle, Laurence, 2011. "On Measuring the Efficiency of Monetary Policy," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-09, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Walter Briec & Emmanuelle Gabillon & Laurence Lasselle & Hermann Ratsimbanierana, 2011. "On Measuring the Efficiency of Monetary Policy," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 1101, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Alfonso Flores-Lagunes & Stefan Krause, 2004.
"Has Monetary Policy Become More Efficient? A Cross Country Analysis,"
NBER Working Papers
10973, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Alfonso Flores-Lagunes & Stefan Krause, 2006. "Has Monetary Policy become more Efficient? a Cross-Country Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(511), pages 408-433, 04.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- Cornes,Richard, 1992. "Duality and Modern Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521336017, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.