The Hausman pretest estimator
AbstractIn a Monte Carlo experiment we show that using a small probability of Type I error may lead to reduced pretest estimator MSE when a Hausman pretest is used to choose between least squares and instrumental variables estimators.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 108 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Pretest estimator Hausman test Endogeneity;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wu, De-Min, 1973. "Alternative Tests of Independence Between Stochastic Regressors and Disturbances," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 733-50, July.
- Wong, Ka-fu, 1996. "Bootstrapping Hausman's exogeneity test," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 139-143, November.
- Wu, De-Min, 1974.
"Alternative Tests of Independence between Stochastic Regressors and Disturbances: Finite Sample Results,"
Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 529-46, May.
- Tom Doan, . "REGWUTEST: RATS procedure to perform Wu (or Durbin-Wu-Hausman) specification test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00185, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Wong, Ka-fu, 1997. "Effects on inference of pretesting the exogeneity of a regressor," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 267-271, November.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-71, November.
- Doko Tchatoka, Firmin & Dufour, Jean-Marie, 2012.
"Identification-robust inference for endogeneity parameters in linear structural models,"
15064, University of Tasmania, School of Economics and Finance, revised 01 Aug 2012.
- Firmin Doko Tchatoka & Jean‐Marie Dufour, 2014. "Identification‐robust inference for endogeneity parameters in linear structural models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 17(1), pages 165-187, 02.
- Doko Tchatoka, Firmin & Dufour, Jean-Marie, 2012. "Identification-robust inference for endogeneity parameters in linear structural models," MPRA Paper 40695, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Firmin DOKO TCHATOKA & Jean-Marie DUFOUR, 2014. "Identification-Robust Inference for Endogeneity Parameters in Linear Structural Models," Cahiers de recherche 03-2014, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Firmin Doko Tchatoka & Jean-Marie Dufour, 2014. "Identification-robust inference for endogeneity parameters in linear structural models," CIRANO Working Papers 2014s-17, CIRANO.
- Jan F. KIVIET & Milan PLEUS, 2012. "The performance of tests on endogeneity of subsets of explanatory variables scanned by simulation," Economic Growth centre Working Paper Series 1208, Nanyang Technolgical University, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Economic Growth centre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.