Explaining the US-EU productivity growth gap: Structural change vs. intra-sectoral effect
AbstractThis paper proposes a decomposition of labour productivity growth in the EU15 and the the US since the mid 1990s. The results suggest that the EU's relative slowdown is due to modest "pure" gains of productivity within sectors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 100 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés, 2012. "The Transatlantic Productivity Gap: A Survey Of The Main Causes," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 395-419, 07.
- Hartwig, Jochen, 2012.
"Testing the growth effects of structural change,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 11-24.
- Aleksandra Parteka, 2013.
"The role of trade in intra-industry productivity growth - the case of old and new European Union countries (1995-2007),"
GUT FME Working Paper Series A
1, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- Aleksandra Parteka, 2013. "The Role of Trade in Intra-Industry Productivity Growth—the Case of Old and New European Union Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 712-731, November.
- František Střeleček & Radek Zdeněk & Jana Lososová, 2010. "Development of Employment in Less Favoured Areas in 2002-2006," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(6), pages 761-773.
- HORI Takeo & UCHINO Taisuke, 2013. "Competition, Productivity Growth, and Structural Change," Discussion papers 13041, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Serge Coulombe, 2011. "Lagging Behind: Productivity and the Good Fortune of Canadian Provinces," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 331, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.