A new fuzzy multi-criteria framework for measuring sustainability performance of a supply chain
AbstractSustainable supply chain performance measurement is aimed at addressing environmental, social and economic aspects of sustainable supply chain management. It can be argued that it is not easy to reduce all dimensions of sustainable supply chain to a single unit. Then, the issue is that all valuations should somehow be reducible to a single one-dimensional standard. Multi-criteria evaluation introduces a framework to remedy this issue. As a consequence, multi-criteria evaluation seems to supply a proper and adequate assessment framework for sustainable supply chain assessment. In this study, a multi-criteria framework based on fuzzy entropy and fuzzy multi-attribute utility (FMAUT) is proposed in order to evaluate and compare the company performances in terms of sustainable supply chain. However, note that reducing all aspects of sustainable supply chain to a single unit using a multi-criteria framework may not be sufficient to satisfy all the needs of decision makers although it is used to evaluate sustainability performance of supply chains with respect to three aspects. Therefore, in this research, an alert management system is also developed to satisfy further requirements of users. The proposed frameworks are tested using data obtained from one of the middle sized Turkish grocery retailers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 70 (2011)
Issue (Month): 6 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Sustainable supply chain Multi-criteria decision making Fuzzy arithmetic Performance analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ismail Erol & Nigar Cakar & Derya Erel & Ramazan Sari, 2009. "Sustainability in the Turkish retailing industry," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 49-67.
- Ness, Barry & Urbel-Piirsalu, Evelin & Anderberg, Stefan & Olsson, Lennart, 2007. "Categorising tools for sustainability assessment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 498-508, January.
- Rodrigo Lozano, 2007. "Collaboration as a pathway for sustainability," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 370-381.
- Pohekar, S.D. & Ramachandran, M., 2006. "Multi-criteria evaluation of cooking devices with special reference to utility of parabolic solar cooker (PSC) in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1215-1227.
- Krajnc, Damjan & Glavic, Peter, 2005. "How to compare companies on relevant dimensions of sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 551-563, December.
- Munda, Giuseppe, 2004. "Social multi-criteria evaluation: Methodological foundations and operational consequences," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(3), pages 662-677, November.
- Erol, İsmail & Sencer, Safiye & Özmen, Aslı & Searcy, Cory, 2014. "Fuzzy MCDM framework for locating a nuclear power plant in Turkey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 186-197.
- Doukas, Haris, 2013. "Modelling of linguistic variables in multicriteria energy policy support," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 227(2), pages 227-238.
- Govindan, K. & Jafarian, A. & Khodaverdi, R. & Devika, K., 2014. "Two-echelon multiple-vehicle location–routing problem with time windows for optimization of sustainable supply chain network of perishable food," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 9-28.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.