An ecological economic simulation model of a non-selective grazing system in the Nama Karoo, South Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 42 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Campbell, B. M. & Dore, D. & Luckert, M. & Mukamuri, B. & Gambiza, J., 2000. "SPECIAL SECTION: LAND USE OPTIONS IN DRY TROPICAL WOODLAND ECOSYSTEMS IN ZIMBABWE: Economic comparisons of livestock production in communal grazing lands in Zimbabwe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 413-438, June.
- Smith, Mark Stafford & Foran, Barney, 1992. "An approach to assessing the economic risk of different drought management tactics on a South Australian pastoral sheep station," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 83-105.
- Savory, Allan, 1991. "Holistic resource management: a conceptual framework for ecologially sound economic modelling," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 181-191, September.
- Teague, W.R. & Grant, W.E. & Kreuter, U.P. & Diaz-Solis, H. & Dube, S. & Kothmann, M.M. & Pinchak, W.E. & Ansley, R.J., 2008. "An ecological economic simulation model for assessing fire and grazing management effects on mesquite rangelands in Texas," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 611-624, January.
- Janssen, Sander & van Ittersum, Martin K., 2007. "Assessing farm innovations and responses to policies: A review of bio-economic farm models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 622-636, June.
- Campbell, Bruce M. & Gordon, Iain J. & Luckert, Martin K. & Petheram, Lisa & Vetter, Susanne, 2006. "In search of optimal stocking regimes in semi-arid grazing lands: One size does not fit all," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 75-85, November.
- Muller, Birgit & Frank, Karin & Wissel, Christian, 2007. "Relevance of rest periods in non-equilibrium rangeland systems - A modelling analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-3), pages 295-317, January.
- Baumgärtner, Stefan & Quaas, Martin F., 2009.
"Ecological-economic viability as a criterion of strong sustainability under uncertainty,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2008-2020, May.
- Stefan Baumgärtner & Martin F. Quaas, 2007. "Ecological-economic viability as a criterion of strong sustainability under uncertainty," Working Paper Series in Economics 67, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Veysset, P. & Lherm, M. & Bébin, D., 2010. "Energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions and economic performance assessments in French Charolais suckler cattle farms: Model-based analysis and forecasts," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 41-50, January.
- Quaas, Martin F. & Baumgartner, Stefan & Becker, Christian & Frank, Karin & Muller, Birgit, 2007. "Uncertainty and sustainability in the management of rangelands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 251-266, April.
- Richardson, F.D. & Hahn, B.D., 2007. "A short-term mechanistic model of forage and livestock in the semi-arid Succulent Karoo: 2. Evaluation and application," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 95(1-3), pages 62-75, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.