Do focus groups and individual interviews reveal the same information for natural resource valuation?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen Farber, 1996. "Welfare Loss Of Wetlands Disintegration: A Louisiana Study," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(1), pages 92-106, 01.
- Karl Sivesind, 1999. "Structured, Qualitative Comparison," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 361-380, November.
- Edward B. Barbier, 1994. "Valuing Environmental Functions: Tropical Wetlands," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(2), pages 155-173.
- S. M. Chilton & W. G. Hutchinson, 1999. "Exploring Divergence Between Respondent and Researcher Definitions of the Good in Contingent Valuation Studies," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 1-16.
- W. George Hutchinson & Susan M. Chilton & John Davis, 1995. "Measuring Non-Use Value Of Environmental Goods Using The Contingent Valuation Method: Problems Of Information And Cognition And The Application Of Cognitive Questionnaire Design Methods," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 97-112.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Weaver, Thomas F. & Smith, Lynn A. & Swallow, Stephen K., 1995. "Contingent Valuation Focus Groups: Insights From Ethnographic Interview Techniques," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 24(1), April.
- Judy Gray & Iain Densten, 1998. "Integrating Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis Using Latent and Manifest Variables," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 419-431, November.
- Camille Bann, 1997. "An Economic Analysis of Alternative Mangrove Management Strategies in Koh Kong Province, Cambodia," EEPSEA Research Report rr1997113, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Nov 1997.
- Carson, Richard T., 1998. "Valuation of tropical rainforests: philosophical and practical issues in the use of contingent valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 15-29, January.
- Costanza, Robert & Farber, Stephen C. & Maxwell, Judith, 1989. "Valuation and management of wetland ecosystems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 335-361, December.
- Spash, Clive L. & Vatn, Arild, 2006. "Transferring environmental value estimates: Issues and alternatives," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 379-388, December.
- Jan Hanousek & Randall K. Filer, 2004.
"Consumers' Opinion of Inflation Bias Due to Quality Improvements,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
2004-681, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Hanousek, Jan & Filer, Randall K, 2004. "Consumers' Opinion of Inflation Bias Due to Quality Improvements," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 235-54, October.
- Jan Hanousek & Randall K. Filer, 2002. "Consumers' Opinion of Inflation Bias Due to Quality Improvements," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 02/8, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- Hallman, Kelly & Lewis, David & Begum, Suraiya, 2003. "An integrated economic and social analysis to assess the impact of vegetable and fishpond technologies on poverty in rural Bangladesh:," EPTD discussion papers 112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jan Hanousek & Randall K. Filer, 2001.
"Consumers' Opinion of Inflation Bias Due to Quality Improvements in Transition in the Czech Republic,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Jan Hanousek & Randall K. Filer, 2001. "Consumers' Opinion of Inflation Bias Due to Quality Improvements in Transition in the Czech Republic," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp184, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Rulleau, Bénédicte & Dachary-Bernard, Jeanne, 2012. "Preferences, rational choices and economic valuation: Some empirical tests," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 198-206.
- Michael Ahlheim & Benchaphun Ekasingh & Oliver Frör & Jirawan Kitchaincharoen & Andreas Neef & Chapika Sangkapitux & Nopasom Sinphurmsukskul, 2007. "Using Citizen Expert Groups in Environmental Valuation - Lessons from a CVM study in Northern Thailand," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut fÃ¼r Volkswirtschaftslehre der UniversitÃ¤t Hohenheim 283/2007, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Carson, Rebecca M. & Bergstrom, John C., 2003. "A Review Of Ecosystem Valuation Techniques," Faculty Series 16651, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Wilson, Matthew A. & Howarth, Richard B., 2002. "Discourse-based valuation of ecosystem services: establishing fair outcomes through group deliberation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 431-443, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.