Value-added indicators of school performance: A primer
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 16 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Meyer, . "Applied versus traditional mathematics: New econometric models of the contribution of high school courses to mathematics proficiency," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 966-92, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- R. H. Meyer, . "Educational performance indicators: A critique," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1052-94, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- David Brasington & Don Haurin, .
"Educational Outcomes and House Values: A Test of the Value-Added Approach,"
Departmental Working Papers
2005-03, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- David Brasington & Donald R. Haurin, 2006. "Educational Outcomes and House Values: A Test of the value added Approach," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 245-268.
- David Brasington & D. Haurin, . "Educational Outcomes and House Values: A Test of the Value-Added Approach," Departmental Working Papers 2003-05, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Susanna Loeb & Demetra Kalogrides & Tara Béteille, 2011. "Effective Schools: Teacher Hiring, Assignment, Development, and Retention," NBER Working Papers 17177, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- De Simone, Gianfranco, 2013.
"Render unto primary the things which are primary's: Inherited and fresh learning divides in Italian lower secondary education,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 12-23.
- Gianfranco DE SIMONE, 2012. "Render unto primary the things which are primary's. Inherited and fresh learning divides in Italian lower secondary education," Departmental Working Papers 2012-14, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Velma Zahirovic-Herbert & Geoffrey Turnbull, 2008. "School Quality, House Prices and Liquidity," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 113-130, August.
- David Brasington, 2002. "Differences in the Production of Education Across Regions and Urban and Rural Areas," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 137-145.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2002.
"Equity and Educational Performance,"
Documentos de Trabajo
136, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Ooghe, Erwin & Schokkaert, Erik, 2013. "School Accountability: Can We Reward Schools and Avoid Pupil Selection?," IZA Discussion Papers 7420, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brasington, D. M., 2003. "The supply of public school quality," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 367-377, August.
- Peter Davies & Nick Adnett, . "School Behaviour in a Local Quasi-Market," Working Papers 98-12, Staffordshire University, Business School.
- Konstantopoulos, Spyros & Sun, Min, 2011. "Is the Persistence of Teacher Effects in Early Grades Larger for Lower-Performing Students?," IZA Discussion Papers 5974, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maciej Jakubowski, 2008. "Implementing Value-Added Models of School Assessment," RSCAS Working Papers 2008/06, European University Institute.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 1998. "Desempeño escolar y elección de colegios: La experiencia chilena," Documentos de Trabajo 36, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Stephen Lipscomb & Brian Gill & Kevin Booker & Matthew Johnson, 2010. "Estimating Teacher and School Effectiveness in Pittsburgh: Value-Added Modeling and Results," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7644, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Deborah Wilson & Anete Piebalga, 2008. "Accurate performance measure but meaningless ranking exercise? An analysis of the English school league tables," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 07/176, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Konstantopoulos, Spyros, 2007. "How Long Do Teacher Effects Persist?," IZA Discussion Papers 2893, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yunker, James A., 2005. "The dubious utility of the value-added concept in higher education: the case of accounting," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 355-367, June.
- Temple, Judy A., 1998. "Recent Clinton Urban Education Initiatives and the Role of School Quality in Metropolitan Finance," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 3), pages 517-29, September.
- David Brasington & Don Haurin, . "Capitalization of Parent, School, and Peer Group Components of School Quality into House Price," Departmental Working Papers 2005-04, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Elias Walsh & Stephen Lipscomb, 2013. "Classroom Observations from Phase 2 of the Pennsylvania Teacher Evaluation Pilot: Assessing Internal Consistency, Score Variation, and Relationships with Value Added," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7817, Mathematica Policy Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.