Aggregation of linear dynamic models: an application to life-cycle consumption models under habit formation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economic Modelling.
Volume (Year): 20 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stoker, Thomas M, 1984. "Completeness, Distribution Restrictions, and the Form of Aggregate Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 887-907, July.
- Trivedi, Pravin K, 1985. "Distributed Lags, Aggregation, and Compounding: Some Econometric Implications," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 19-35, January.
- Lutkepohl, Helmut, 1984. "Linear transformations of vector ARMA processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 283-293, December.
- Lippi, Marco, 1988. "On the dynamic shape of aggregated error correction models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 561-585.
- Christoffersen, Peter F & Diebold, Francis X, 1996.
"Further Results on Forecasting and Model Selection under Asymmetric Loss,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 561-71, Sept.-Oct.
- Christoffersen & Diebold, . "Further Results on Forecasting and Model Selection Under Asymmetric Loss," Home Pages _059, University of Pennsylvania.
- Stoker, Thomas M, 1993. "Empirical Approaches to the Problem of Aggregation Over Individuals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1827-74, December.
- Christopher D. Carroll & David N. Weil, 1993.
"Saving and growth: a reinterpretation,"
Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section
140, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Carroll, Christopher D. & Weil, David N., 1994. "Saving and growth: a reinterpretation," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 133-192, June.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1994. "Aggregation and Simple Dynamics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 905-18, September.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Long memory relationships and the aggregation of dynamic models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-238, October.
- van Garderen, Kees Jan & Lee, Kevin & Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2000.
"Cross-sectional aggregation of non-linear models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 285-331, April.
- Jan Kmenta & James B. Ramsey, 1980. "Evaluation of Econometric Models," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kmen80-1, April.
- Rose, David E., 1977. "Forecasting aggregates of independent Arima processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 323-345, May.
- Muellbauer, John, 1975. "Aggregation, Income Distribution and Consumer Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 525-43, October.
- Binder, Michael & Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2001. "Life-cycle consumption under social interactions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 35-83, January.
- Frédérick Demers & Annie De Champlain, 2005. "Forecasting Core Inflation in Canada: Should We Forecast the Aggregate or the Components?," Working Papers 05-44, Bank of Canada.
- von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan & Loy, Jens-Peter & Meyer, Jochen, 2003. "The Impact Of Data Aggregation On The Measurement Of Vertical Price Transmission: Evidence From German Food Prices," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21987, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Chudik, Alexander, 2011.
"Aggregation in Large Dynamic Panels,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5478, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Alexander Chudik, 2011. "Aggregation in large dynamic panels," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 101, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Chudik, A., 2011. "Aggregation in Large Dynamic Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1118, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hashem M. Pesaran & Alexander Chudik, 2011. "Aggregation in Large Dynamic Panels," CESifo Working Paper Series 3346, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cheng Hsiao & Yan Shen & Hiroshi Fujiki, 2004.
"Aggregate vs Disaggregate Data Analysis — A Paradox in the Estimation of a Money Demand Function of Japan Under the Low Interest Rate Policy,"
IEPR Working Papers
04.1, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Yan Shen & Cheng Hsiao & Hiroshi Fujiki, 2005. "Aggregate vs. disaggregate data analysis-a paradox in the estimation of a money demand function of Japan under the low interest rate policy," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 579-601.
- Cheng Hsiao & Yan Shen & Hiroshi Fujiki, 2002. "Aggregate vs Disaggregate Data Analysis - A Paradox in the Estimation of Money Demand Function of Japan Under the Low Interest Rate Policy," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 A4-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Francis Teal & Markus Eberhardt, 2010.
"Aggregation versus Heterogeneity in Cross-Country Growth Empirics,"
Economics Series Working Papers
CSAE WPS/2010-32, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Markus Eberhardt & Francis Teal, . "Aggregation versus Heterogeneity in Cross-Country Growth Empirics," Discussion Papers 11/08, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Markus Eberhardt & Francis Teal, 2010. "Aggregation versus Heterogeneity in Cross-Country Growth Empirics," CSAE Working Paper Series 2010-32, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Paul Castillo & Diego Winkelried, 2007.
"Dollarization Persistence and Individual Heterogeneity,"
2007-004, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Winkelried, Diego & Castillo, Paul, 2010. "Dollarization persistence and individual heterogeneity," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1596-1618, December.
- Paul Castillo & Diego Winkelried, 2005. "Dollarization Persistence and Individual Heterogeneity," Macroeconomics 0512014, EconWPA, revised 31 Dec 2005.
- Trapani, Lorenzo & Urga, Giovanni, 2010.
"Micro versus macro cointegration in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 155(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Lorenzo Trapani & Giovanni Urga, 2007. "Micro versus Macro Cointegration in Heterogeneous Panels," Working Papers 0711, Department of Economics and Technology Management, University of Bergamo.
- von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan & Loy, Jens-Peter & Meyer, Jochen, 2006. "Data Aggregation and Vertical Price Transmission: An Experiment with German Food Prices," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25291, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Stephan von Cramon-Taubadel & Jens-Peter Loy & Jochen Meyer, 2006. "The impact of cross-sectional data aggregation on the measurement of vertical price transmission: An experiment with German food prices," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(4), pages 505-522.
- A. Talha Yalta & Hatice Cakar, 2012.
"Energy Consumption and Economic Growth in China: A Reconciliation,"
1202, TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Department of Economics.
- Talha Yalta, A. & Cakar, Hatice, 2012. "Energy consumption and economic growth in China: A reconciliation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 666-675.
- Bilgili, Faik, 2006. "Random walk, excess smoothness or excess sensitivity? Evidence from literature and an application for Turkish economy," MPRA Paper 24086, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Jul 2010.
- Giacomo Sbrana, 2007. "Testing for Model Selection in Predicting Aggregate Variables," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 66(1), pages 3-28, March.
- Godfred A. Bokpin, 2010. "Financial market development and corporate financing: evidence from emerging market economies," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(1), pages 96-116, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.