Foreign aid, tariffs and nontraded private or public goods
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 69 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kemp, Murray C. & Abe, Kenzo, 1994. "The transfer problem in the context of public goods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 223-226, June.
- Brakman,Steven & Marrewijk,Charles van, 2009.
"The Economics of International Transfers,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521118729, October.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Ono, Yoshiyasu, 1994. "Industrial policy and national welfare in the presence of monopoly," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 61-73.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Raimondos, Pascalis, 1995. "Welfare effects of aid under quantitative trade restrictions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 297-315, November.
- Srinivasan, T. N. & Bhagwati, Jagdish N., 1983. "On transfer paradoxes and immiserizing growth: Part I : Comment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 217-222.
- A. G. Schweinberger, 1989. "Foreign Capital Flows, Tariffs, and Welfare: A Global Analysis," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(2), pages 310-27, May.
- Kemp, Murray C & Kojima, Shoichi, 1985. "Tied Aid and the Paradoxes of Donor-Enrichment and Recipient-Impoverishment," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(3), pages 721-29, October.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Diaz Alejandro, Carlos F., 1977. "Tariffs, foreign capital and immiserizing growth," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 317-322, November.
- Sajal Lahiri & Pascalis Raimondos, .
"Public Good Provision and the Welfare Effects of Indirect Tax Harmonisation,"
EPRU Working Paper Series
95-13, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Raimondos-Moller, Pascalis, 1998. "Public good provision and the welfare effects of indirect tax harmonisation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 253-267, February.
- Schweinberger, A G, 1990. "On the Welfare Effects of Tied Aid," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(2), pages 457-62, May.
- Hatzipanayotou, Panos & Michael, Michael S., 1995. "Foreign aid and public goods," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 455-467, August.
- Brakman, Steven & van Marrewijk, Charles, 1995. "Transfers, returns to scale, tied aid and monopolistic competition," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 333-354, August.
- Srinivasan, T. N. & Bhagwati, Jagdish N., 1984. "On transfer paradoxes and immiserizing growth : Part II," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-3), pages 111-115.
- Abe, Kenzo, 1992. "Tariff Reform in a Small Open Economy with Public Production," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(1), pages 209-22, February.
- Hatta, Tatsuo, 1977. "A Theory of Piecemeal Policy Recommendations," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Jeffrey B. Nugent & Makoto Yano, 1999.
"Aid, Nontraded Goods, and the Transfer Paradox in Small Countries,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 431-449, June.
- Yano, M. & Nugent, J.B. & Lay, R.N., 1995. "Aid, Non-Traded Goods and the Transfer Paradox in Small Countries," Papers 9515, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Schweinberger, Albert G, 1980. "Medium Run Resource Allocation and Short Run Capital Specificity," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 330-40, June.
- Fraser, Iain & Waschik, Robert, 2006.
"A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis of Export Taxes in the Australian Wool Industry,"
2006 Conference (50th), February 8-10, 2006, Sydney, Australia
139733, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Waschik, Robert & Fraser, Iain, 2007. "A computable general equilibrium analysis of export taxes in the Australian wool industry," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 712-736, July.
- Suwa Eisenmann, Akiko & Verdier, Thierry, 2007.
"Aid and Trade,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6465, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schweinberger, A.G. & Woodland, A.D., 2008. "The short and long run effects of tied foreign aid on pollution abatement, pollution and employment: A pilot model," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 310-325, May.
- Djajic, Slobodan, 2008. "Foreign Aid, Infrastructure Development, and Welfare: An Intertemporal Analysis," Working Paper Series RP2008/64, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.