Tax on foreign capital income and wage subsidy to the urban sector in the Harris-Todaro model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 47 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marjit, Sugata, 1991. "Agro-based industry and rural-urban migration : A case for an urban employment subsidy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 393-398, April.
- Khan, M. Ali, 1982. "Tariffs, foreign capital and immiserizing growth with urban unemployment and specific factors of production," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 245-256, April.
- Batra, Raveendra N & Naqvi, Nadeem, 1987. "Urban Unemployment and the Gains from Trade," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(215), pages 381-95, August.
- Gang, Ira N & Gangapadhyay, Shubhashis, 1985. "A Note on Optimal Policies in Dual Economies," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 100(5), pages 1067-71, Supp..
- M. ALl KHAN, 1980. "Dynamic Stability, Wage Subsidies and the Generalized Harris-Todaro Model," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 1-24.
- Grinols, Earl L, 1991. "Unemployment and Foreign Capital: The Relative Opportunity Costs of Domestic Labour and Welfare," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(229), pages 107-21, February.
- Neary, J Peter, 1981. "On the Harris-Todaro Model with Intersectoral Capital Mobility," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(191), pages 219-34, August.
- Corden, W M & Findlay, Ronald, 1975. "Urban Unemployment, Intersectoral Capital Mobility and Development Policy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 42(165), pages 59-78, February.
- M. Ali Khan, 2007. "The Harris-Todaro Hypothesis," Labor Economics Working Papers 22206, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Manjusri Bandyopadhyay & Manas Gupta, 1995. "Development policies in the presence of an informal sector: A note," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 61(3), pages 301-315, October.
- Beladi, Hamid & Yabuuchi, Shigemi, 2001. "Tariff-induced capital inflow and welfare in the presence of unemployment and informal sector," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 51-60, January.
- Khan, M. Ali Khan, 2007. "The Harris-Todaro Hypothesis," MPRA Paper 2201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Titas Bandopadhyay, 2005. "Universal Education And Its Impact On The Child And The Adult Labour Market," GE, Growth, Math methods 0511002, EconWPA.
- Titas Bandopadhyay, 2005.
"Foreign Enclaves, Informal Sector And Urban Unemployment-A Theoretical Analysis,"
GE, Growth, Math methods
- Titas Kumar Bandopadhyay, 2009. "Foreign Enclaves, Informal Sector And Urban Unemployment: A Theoretical Analysis," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 54(01), pages 89-99.
- Bandopadhyay, Titas Kumar, 2002. "Foreign enclaves, informal sector and urban unemployment: A theoretical analysis," MPRA Paper 3136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Titas Bandopadhyay, 2005. "On-The-Job Search, Urban Informal Sector And The Development Policies-A General Equilibrium Analysis," GE, Growth, Math methods 0511004, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.