The shadow price of foreign exchange in a dual economy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 46 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Khan, M Ali, 1982. "Social Opportunity Costs and Immiserizing Growth: Some Observations on the Long Run versus the Short," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 97(2), pages 353-62, May.
- Choi, Jai-Young & Yu, Eden S H, 1987. "Nominal and Optimum Tariffs under Variable Returns to Scale," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(4), pages 785-98, December.
- Chi-Chur Chao & Eden S. H. Yu, 1993. "Content Protection, Urban Unemployment and Welfare," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 481-92, May.
- Naqvi, Nadeem & Wiener, Klaus, 1991. "External increasing returns and the shadow price of foreign exchange," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 177-184, February.
- Balassa, Bela, 1974. "Estimating the Shadow Price of Foreign Exchange in Project Appraisal," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 147-68, July.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-42, March.
- Neary, J Peter, 1981. "On the Harris-Todaro Model with Intersectoral Capital Mobility," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(191), pages 219-34, August.
- Bertrand, Trent J, 1974. "The Shadow Exchange Rate in an Economy with Trade Restrictions," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 185-91, July.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N & Wan, Henry, Jr, 1979. "The "Stationarity" of Shadow Prices of Factors in Project Evaluation, with and without Distortions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 261-73, June.
- M. ALl KHAN, 1980. "Dynamic Stability, Wage Subsidies and the Generalized Harris-Todaro Model," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 1-24.
- Scott, Maurice FG, 1974. "How to Use and Estimate Shadow Exchange Rates," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 169-84, July.
- Batra, Raveendra N & Naqvi, Nadeem, 1987. "Urban Unemployment and the Gains from Trade," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(215), pages 381-95, August.
- Anderson, James E & Neary, J Peter, 1992. "Trade Reform with Quotas, Partial Rent Retention, and Tariffs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 57-76, January.
- Jones, Ronald W, 1969. "Tariffs and Trade in General Equilibrium: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 59(3), pages 418-24, June.
- Peter Neary, 1988. "Tariffs, Quotas, and Voluntary Export Restraints with and without Internationally Mobile Capital," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(4), pages 714-35, November.
- Lal, Anil K., 1995. "Increasing returns, urban unemployment, and international capital mobility: A trade policy analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 181-193, February.
- M. Ali Khan, 2007.
"The Harris-Todaro Hypothesis,"
2007:16, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Khan, M. Ali Khan, 2007. "The Harris-Todaro Hypothesis," MPRA Paper 2201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Franck & Nadeem Naqvi, 2000. "LDCs, International Capital Mobility and the Shadow Price of Foreign Exchange under Tariffs and Quantitative Restrictions," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 43-54, December.
- Chou, W. L. & Shih, Y. C., 1998. "The Equilibrium Exchange Rate of the Chinese Renminbi," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 165-174, March.
- Kreickemeier, Udo, 2001. "The shadow price of foreign exchange with minimum wages," Economics Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 369-373, September.
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Yu, Eden S. H., 1999. "Shadow prices and trade restrictions in a monetary economy," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 755-764.
- Anil Lal, 1997. "Import Liberalization, Urban Unemployment, and Capital Mobility: a Welfare Analysis," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 21-37.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.