Development policies in the presence of an informal sector: A note
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie.
Volume (Year): 61 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marjit, Sugata, 1991. "Agro-based industry and rural-urban migration : A case for an urban employment subsidy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 393-398, April.
- Chaudhuri, Tamal Datta, 1989. "A theoretical analysis of the informal sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 351-355, March.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1995. "Tax on foreign capital income and wage subsidy to the urban sector in the Harris-Todaro model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 469-479, August.
- Chandra, Vandana & Khan, M Ali, 1993. "Foreign Investment in the Presence of an Informal Sector," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(237), pages 79-103, February.
- Beladi, H. & Marjit, S., 1992.
"Foreign Capital and Protectionism,"
RCER Working Papers
310, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Quibria, M G, 1988. "Migration, Trade Unions, and the Informal Sector: A Note on Calvo," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(3), pages 557-63, August.
- Jones, R.W. & Marjit, S., 1992. "International Trade and Endogenous Production Structures," RCER Working Papers 312, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Batra, Raveendra N & Naqvi, Nadeem, 1987. "Urban Unemployment and the Gains from Trade," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(215), pages 381-95, August.
- McCool, Thomas J, 1982. "Wage Subsidies and Distortionary Taxes in a Mobile Capital Harris-Todaro Model," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(193), pages 69-79, February.
- Basu, Kaushik C, 1980. "Optimal Policies in Dual Economies," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 95(1), pages 187-96, August.
- Grinols, Earl L, 1991. "Unemployment and Foreign Capital: The Relative Opportunity Costs of Domestic Labour and Welfare," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(229), pages 107-21, February.
- Corden, W M & Findlay, Ronald, 1975. "Urban Unemployment, Intersectoral Capital Mobility and Development Policy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 42(165), pages 59-78, February.
- Khan, M. Ali, 1980. "The Harris-Todaro hypothesis and the Heckscher-Ohlin-Samuelson trade model : A synthesis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 527-547, November.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1993. "Rural-urban migation, informal sector and development policies A theoretical analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 137-151, June.
- Stark, Oded, 1982. "On modelling the informal sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 413-416, May.
- L. Wade, 1988. "Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 99-100, July.
- Ghosh, Jayati & Sengupta, Amitayu & Roychoudhury, Anamitra, 2008. "The impact of macroeconomic change on employment in the retail sector in India : policy implications for growth, sectoral change and employment," ILO Working Papers 413234, International Labour Organization.
- M. Ali Khan, 2007.
"The Harris-Todaro Hypothesis,"
Labor Economics Working Papers
22206, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kausik Gupta & Tania Basu, 2004. "Foreign Capital Inflow, Skilled-Unskilled Wage Gap, and Welfare in the Presence of the Informal Sector," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 125-147.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1997. "Informal sector and informal capital market in a small open less-developed economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 409-428, April.
- Titas Kumar Bandopadhyay, 2009.
"Foreign Enclaves, Informal Sector And Urban Unemployment: A Theoretical Analysis,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 54(01), pages 89-99.
- Titas Bandopadhyay, 2005. "Foreign Enclaves, Informal Sector And Urban Unemployment-A Theoretical Analysis," GE, Growth, Math methods 0511006, EconWPA.
- Bandopadhyay, Titas Kumar, 2002. "Foreign enclaves, informal sector and urban unemployment: A theoretical analysis," MPRA Paper 3136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carillo, Maria Rosaria & Pugno, Maurizio, 2004. "The underground economy and underdevelopment," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 257-279, September.
- Titas Bandopadhyay, 2005. "Universal Education And Its Impact On The Child And The Adult Labour Market," GE, Growth, Math methods 0511002, EconWPA.
- Bandopadhyay, Titas Kumar, 2006. "Should informal sector be subsidised?," MPRA Paper 1775, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kausik Gupta & Manash Gupta, 1998. "Foreign enclaves and economic development: A theoretical analysis," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 67(3), pages 317-336, October.
- Titas Bandopadhyay, 2005. "On-The-Job Search, Urban Informal Sector And The Development Policies-A General Equilibrium Analysis," GE, Growth, Math methods 0511004, EconWPA.
- Khan, M. Ali Khan, 2007. "The Harris-Todaro Hypothesis," MPRA Paper 2201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Titas Kumar Bandopadhyay, 2007. "Trade Reform, Capital Mobility, and Efficiency Wage in a Harris-Todaro Economy," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(2), pages 163-174.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.