Agro-based industry and rural-urban migration : A case for an urban employment subsidy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (1991)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Banerjee, Dibyendu, 2006. "Economic Liberalization and Informal Wage in a Small Open Economy: Does Capital Mobility count?," MPRA Paper 1353, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khan, M. Ali Khan, 2007. "The Harris-Todaro Hypothesis," MPRA Paper 2201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vandana Chandra & Ralph El-Chami & Jeffrey Fischer, 1991. "Development policies in the presence of unemployment and non-traded intermediate goods," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Ingene, Charles A. & Yu, Eden S. H. & Chao, Chi-Chur, 2004. "The impact of export share requirements under production uncertainty," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 201-215.
- M. Ali Khan, 2007.
"The Harris-Todaro Hypothesis,"
Labor Economics Working Papers
22206, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal & Acharyya, Rajat, 2007. "Agricultural prospects and informal wage in general equilibrium," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 380-385, May.
- Mukherjee, Soumyatanu, 2012.
"Revisiting the Apparent Paradox: Foreign Capital Inflow, Welfare Amelioration and ‘Jobless Growth’ with Agricultural Dualism and Non-traded Intermediate Input,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 27, pages 123-133.
- Mukherjee, Soumyatanu, 2011. "Revisiting the Apparent Paradox: Foreign Capital Inflow, Welfare Amelioration and ‘Jobless Growth’ with Agricultural Dualism and Non-traded Intermediate Input," MPRA Paper 33410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Banerjee, Dibyendu, 2007. "Economic liberalization, capital mobility and informal wage in a small open economy: A theoretical analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 924-940, November.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1995. "Tax on foreign capital income and wage subsidy to the urban sector in the Harris-Todaro model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 469-479, August.
- Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Hamid, 2003. "Possibility or impossibility of paradoxes in the small country Harris-Todaro framework: a unifying analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 379-385, October.
- Yabuuchi, Shigemi, 1997. "Urban unemployment, international labor mobility and welfare," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 71-79, March.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Mukhopadhyay, Ujjaini, 2009. "Revisiting the Informal Sector: A General Equilibrium Approach," MPRA Paper 52135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chao, Chi-Chur, 2000. "Urban unemployment, rural labor monopsony, and optimal policies," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-9, January.
- Manjusri Bandyopadhyay & Manas Gupta, 1995. "Development policies in the presence of an informal sector: A note," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 61(3), pages 301-315, October.
- Gilbert, John & Wahl, Thomas, 2001. "Export restrictions, urban unemployment, and the location of processing activities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 105-110, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.