A bootstrap test for the comparison of nonlinear time series
AbstractThe difference between the regression functions of two stationary conditional heteroskedastic autoregressive time series is tested. The functions can be equal, or shifted, under the null hypothesis. Local linear estimation of the regression function results in observable residuals. Bootstrap residuals lead to a marked empirical process as test statistic and a Kolmogorov-Smirnov version is applied. The simulation study for linear, exponential or trigonometric regression functions with homoskedastic or heteroskedastic errors finds the rejection probability under the null hypothesis to be near the level. Comparing series with different combinations of linear, exponential and trigonometric functions, the rejection probability under the alternative yields mixed results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 53 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vasicek, Oldrich Alfonso, 1977. "Abstract: An Equilibrium Characterization of the Term Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 627-627, November.
- Lando, David & Skodeberg, Torben M., 2002. "Analyzing rating transitions and rating drift with continuous observations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 423-444, March.
- Holger Dette & Ingrid Spreckelsen, 2004. "Some comments on specification tests in nonparametric absolutely regular processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 159-172, 03.
- Harvill, Jane L. & Ray, Bonnie K., 2006. "Functional coefficient autoregressive models for vector time series," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(12), pages 3547-3566, August.
- King, Eileen & Hart, Jeffrey D. & Wehrly, Thomas E., 1991. "Testing the equality of two regression curves using linear smoothers," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 239-247, September.
- Vidar Hjellvik & Qiwei Yao & Dag Tjostheim, 1998. "Linearity testing using local polynominal approximation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6638, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Alan Brace & Dariusz G�atarek & Marek Musiela, 1997. "The Market Model of Interest Rate Dynamics," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 127-155.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- John Xu Zheng, 1996. "A consistent test of functional form via nonparametric estimation techniques," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 263-289, December.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Wenceslao González-Manteiga & Rosa Crujeiras, 2013. "An updated review of Goodness-of-Fit tests for regression models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 361-411, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.