Some comments on specification tests in nonparametric absolutely regular processes
AbstractIn this note, several aspects of a recently proposed specification test in nonparametric models driven by an absolutely regular process are discussed. In particular, we give a more detailed asymptotic analysis of tests based on kernel methods under fixed alternatives using a central limit theorem for U-statistics with n-dependent nondegenerate kernel. As a by-product, it is demonstrated that several results regarding the asymptotic distribution or goodness-of-fit tests are incorrectly stated in the literature. Our result also indicates that results on the asymptotic equivalence of nonparametric autoregression and nonparametric regression cannot be used for the asymptotic analysis of goodness-of-fit tests under fixed alternatives. Copyright 2004 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Time Series Analysis.
Volume (Year): 25 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (03)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0143-9782
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cai, Zongwu & Xiao, Zhijie, 2012.
"Semiparametric quantile regression estimation in dynamic models with partially varying coefficients,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 167(2), pages 413-425.
- Zongwu Cai & Zhijie Xiao, 2010. "Semiparametric Quantile Regression Estimation in Dynamic Models with Partially Varying Coefficients," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 761, Boston College Department of Economics.
- repec:wyi:journl:002114 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dette, Holger & Wieczorek, Gabriele, 2007. "Testing for a constant coefficient of variation in nonparametric regression," Technical Reports 2007,36, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Amaro de Matos, Joao & Fernandes, Marcelo, 2007. "Testing the Markov property with high frequency data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 44-64, November.
- Dette, Holger & Weißbach, Rafael, 2006. "A Bootstrap Test for the Comparison of Nonlinear Time Series - with Application to Interest Rate Modelling," Technical Reports 2006,30, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Dette, Holger & Weißbach, Rafael, 2009. "A bootstrap test for the comparison of nonlinear time series," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 1339-1349, February.
- Dette, Holger & Pardo-Fernandez, Juan Carlos & van Keilegom, Ingrid, 2007. "Goodness-of-fit tests for multiplicativemodels with dependent data," Technical Reports 2007,34, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Gao, Jiti & Gijbels, Irene, 2005. "Bandwidth selection for nonparametric kernel testing," MPRA Paper 11982, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2007.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.