Rural-urban migration and wage determination: The case of Tianjin, China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal China Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 17 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhai, Fan & Hertel, Thomas & Wang, Zhi, 2003.
"Labor Market Distortions, Rural-Urban Inequality and the Opening of China’s Economy,"
GTAP Working Papers
1323, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Hertel, Thomas & Zhai, Fan, 2006. "Labor market distortions, rural-urban inequality and the opening of China's economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 76-109, January.
- Hertel, Thomas & Zhai, Fan, 2004. "Labor market distortions, rural-urban inequality, and the opening of China's economy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3455, The World Bank.
- Li, Haizheng, 2003. "Economic transition and returns to education in China," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 317-328, June.
- Byron, Rayond P & Manaloto, Evelyn Q, 1990. "Returns to Education in China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(4), pages 783-96, July.
- Haizheng Li & Yi Luo, 2004. "Reporting errors, ability heterogeneity, and returns to schooling in China," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 191-207, October.
- Sarah Cook, 1998. "Who gets what jobs in China's countryside? A multinomial logit analysis," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 171-190.
- Meng, Xin & Kidd, Michael P., 1997. "Labor Market Reform and the Changing Structure of Wage Determination in China's State Sector during the 1980s," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 403-421, December.
- Yaohui Zhao, 1997. "Labor Migration and Returns to Rural Education in China," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1278-1287.
- Cui, Yuling & Nahm, Daehoon & Tani, Massimiliano, 2012. "The Determinants of Rural Migrants' Employment Choice in China: Results from a Joint Estimation," IZA Discussion Papers 6968, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stefan Gravemeyer & Thomas Gries & Jinjun Xue, 2008. "Discrimination, Income Determination and Inequality – The case of Shenzhen," Working Papers 16, University of Paderborn, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Farzana Afridi & Sherry Xin Li & Yufei Ren, 2010.
"Social Identity and Inequality: The Impact of China's Hokou System,"
- Afridi, Farzana & Li, Sherry Xin & Ren, Yufei, 2012. "Social Identity and Inequality: The Impact of China's Hukou System," IZA Discussion Papers 6417, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Farzana Afridi & Sherry Xin Li & Yufei Ren, 2010. "Social Identity and Inequality--The Impact of China’s Hukou System," Working papers 190, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Katrina Mullan & Pauline Grosjean & Andreas Kontoleon, 2008.
"Land Tenure Arrangements and Rural-Urban Migration in China,"
Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers
37.2008, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2008.
- Mullan, Katrina & Grosjean, Pauline & Kontoleon, Andreas, 2011. "Land Tenure Arrangements and Rural-Urban Migration in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 123-133, January.
- Chang, Hongqin & Dong, Xiao-yuan & MacPhail, Fiona, 2011.
"Labor Migration and Time Use Patterns of the Left-behind Children and Elderly in Rural China,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2199-2210.
- Hongqin Chang & Xiao-yuan Dong & Fiona MacPhail, 2010. "Labour Migration and Time Use Patterns of the Left-Behind Children and Elderly in Rural China," Departmental Working Papers 2010-05, The University of Winnipeg, Department of Economics.
- Cui, Yuling & Nahm, Daehoon & Tani, Massimiliano, 2013. "Earnings Differentials and Returns to Education in China, 1995-2008," IZA Discussion Papers 7349, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Uwe Dulleck & Jonas Fooken & Yumei He, 2012. "Public Policy and Individual Labor Market Discrimination: An Artefactual Field Experiment in China," QuBE Working Papers 002, QUT Business School.
- Ayako Kondo & Dongshu Ou, 2010. "In Search of a Better Life: The Occupational Attainment of Rural and Urban Migrants in China," ISER Discussion Paper 0793, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Kato, Takao & Shu, Pian, 2011. "Competition, Group Identity, and Social Networks in the Workplace: Evidence from a Chinese Textile Firm," IZA Discussion Papers 6219, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carsten A Holz & Aaron Mehrotra, 2013. "Wage and price dynamics in a large emerging economy: The case of China," BIS Working Papers 409, Bank for International Settlements.
- Kato, Takao & Shu, Pian, 2008. "Performance Spillovers and Social Network in the Workplace: Evidence from Rural and Urban Weavers in a Chinese Textile Firm," IZA Discussion Papers 3340, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dong, Xiao-Yuan & Jones, Derek C. & Kato, Takao, 2007.
"Earnings-Tenure Profiles: Tests of Agency and Human Capital Theories Using Individual Performance Data,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3122, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dong, Xia-Yuan & Jones, Derek & Kato, Takao, 2007. "Earnings-Tenure Profiles: Tests of Agency and Human Capital Theories using Individual Performance Data," Working Papers 104-26, Department of Economics, Colgate University.
- Rickne, Johanna, 2012. "Labor Market Conditions and Social Insurance in China," Working Paper Series 924, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.