Jurisdictional disputes over professional work: the institutionalization of the global knowledge expert
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 28 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bealing, William Jr & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Fogarty, Timothy, 1996. "Early regulatory actions by the SEC: An institutional theory perspective on the dramaturgy of political exchanges," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 317-338, May.
- Berland, Nicolas, 2011. "Rhetoric and the fate of budgeting," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6741, Paris Dauphine University.
- Rouba Chantiri-Chaudemanche & Anouar Kahloul, 2011. "Les acteurs de la normalisation comptable internationale : une communauté épistémique ?," Working Papers halshs-00678806, HAL.
- Everett, Jeff & Neu, Dean & Rahaman, Abu Shiraz, 2007. "Accounting and the global fight against corruption," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 513-542, August.
- Arnold, Patricia J., 2005. "Disciplining domestic regulation: the World Trade Organization and the market for professional services," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 299-330, May.
- Botzem, Sebastian & Quack, Sigrid, 2009. "(No) Limits to Anglo-American accounting? Reconstructing the history of the International Accounting Standards Committee: A review article," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 988-998, November.
- G. Sarens & I. De Beelde, 2006. "Internal audit: the expert in providing comfort to the audit committee. The case of risk management and internal control," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 06/428, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Cooper, David J. & Robson, Keith, 2006. "Accounting, professions and regulation: Locating the sites of professionalization," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(4-5), pages 415-444.
- Itziar Castelló & Josep Lozano, 2011. "Searching for New Forms of Legitimacy Through Corporate Responsibility Rhetoric," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 11-29, April.
- Williams, James W., 2013. "Regulatory technologies, risky subjects, and financial boundaries: Governing ‘fraud’ in the financial markets," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 544-558.
- Shapiro, Brian & Matson, Diane, 2008. "Strategies of resistance to internal control regulation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(2-3), pages 199-228.
- Samuel, Sajay & Dirsmith, Mark W. & McElroy, Barbara, 2005. "Monetized medicine: from the physical to the fiscal," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 249-278, April.
- Anne-Laure Farjaudon & Jérémy Morales, 2011. "Mesurer et définir la valeur des marques - un enjeu dans la concurrence entre groupes professionnels," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 14(3), pages 63-90, September.
- Robson, Keith & Humphrey, Christopher & Khalifa, Rihab & Jones, Julian, 2007. "Transforming audit technologies: Business risk audit methodologies and the audit field," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(4-5), pages 409-438.
- Christopher Humphrey, 2008. "Auditing research: a review across the disciplinary divide," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(2), pages 170-203, February.
- Ezzamel, Mahmoud & Robson, Keith & Stapleton, Pam, 2012. "The logics of budgeting: Theorization and practice variation in the educational field," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 281-303.
- Ramirez, Carlos, 2009. "Constructing the governable small practitioner: The changing nature of professional bodies and the management of professional accountants' identities in the UK," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(3-4), pages 381-408, April.
- Suddaby, Roy & Cooper, David J. & Greenwood, Royston, 2007. "Transnational regulation of professional services: Governance dynamics of field level organizational change," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(4-5), pages 333-362.
- Fogarty, Timothy J. & Radcliffe, Vaughan S. & Campbell, David R., 2006. "Accountancy before the fall: The AICPA vision project and related professional enterprises," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Rihab Khalifa & Nina Sharma & Christopher Humphrey & Keith Robson, 2007. "Discourse and audit change: Transformations in methodology in the professional audit field," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(6), pages 825-854, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.