Early regulatory actions by the SEC: An institutional theory perspective on the dramaturgy of political exchanges
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 21 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hopper, Trevor & Storey, John & Willmott, Hugh, 1987. "Accounting for accounting: Towards the development of a dialectical view," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 437-456, August.
- Campbell, David R. & Parker, Larry M., 1992. "SEC communications to the independent auditors: An analysis of enforcement actions," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 297-330.
- Miller, Peter & Hopper, Trevor & Laughlin, Richard, 1991. "The new accounting history: An introduction," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(5-6), pages 395-403.
- Napier, Christopher J., 2006. "Accounts of change: 30 years of historical accounting research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(4-5), pages 445-507.
- Malcolm Anderson, 1998. "Accounting History Publications, 1995/6," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 105-124.
- Bernard Colasse & Christine Pochet, 2008. "De la genèse du nouveau Conseil National de la Comptabilité (2007) : un cas d'isomorphisme institutionnel ?," Post-Print halshs-00522493, HAL.
- Covaleski, Mark A. & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Rittenberg, Larry, 2003. "Jurisdictional disputes over professional work: the institutionalization of the global knowledge expert," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 323-355, May.
- Mueller, F. & Carter, C., 2007. "`We are all managers now': Managerialism and professional engineering in UK electricity utilities," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 181-195.
- Déjean, Frédérique, 2004. "Contribution à l'étude de l'investissement socialement responsable : Les stratégies de légitimation des sociétés de gestion," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/10473 edited by Colasse, Bernard, December.
- Marion Hutchinson, 2009. "Governance issues in accounting," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(2), pages 89-92, September.
- Bozanic, Zahn & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Huddart, Steven, 2012. "The social constitution of regulation: The endogenization of insider trading laws," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 461-481.
- Pochet, Christine & Colasse, Bernard, 2008. "De la genèse du nouveau Conseil National de la Comptabilité (2007) : un cas d’isomorphisme institutionnel ?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/3499, Paris Dauphine University.
- Richard Lane, & Brendan T. O'Connell, 2009. "The changing face of regulators' investigations into financial statement fraud," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(2), pages 118 - 143, September.
- Shapiro, Brian & Matson, Diane, 2008. "Strategies of resistance to internal control regulation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(2-3), pages 199-228.
- Elbannan, Mohamed & McKinley, William, 2006. "A theory of the corporate decision to resist FASB standards: An organization theory perspective," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 601-622, October.
- Lounsbury, Michael, 2008. "Institutional rationality and practice variation: New directions in the institutional analysis of practice," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(4-5), pages 349-361.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.