Required Disclosure and the Stock Market: An Evaluation of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 63 (1973)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoon, Hyungwook & Zo, Hangjung & Ciganek, Andrew P., 2011. "Does XBRL adoption reduce information asymmetry?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 157-163, February.
- Greenstone, Michael & Oyer, Paul & Vissing-Jorgensen, Annette, 2005.
"Mandated Disclosure, Stock Returns, and the 1964 Securities Acts Amendments,"
- Michael Greenstone & Paul Oyer & Annette Vissing-Jorgensen, 2006. "Mandated Disclosure, Stock Returns, and the 1964 Securities Acts Amendments," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 121(2), pages 399-460, May.
- Greenstone, Michael & Oyer, Paul & Vissing-Jorgensen, Annette, 2005. "Mandated Disclosure, Stock Returns, and the 1964 Securities Acts Amendments," Research Papers 1869r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Paul Oyer, . "Mandated Disclosure, Stock Returns, and the 1964 Securities Acts Amendments," American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings 1019, American Law & Economics Association.
- Michael Greenstone & Paul Oyer & Annette Vissing-Jorgensen, 2005. "Mandated Disclosure, Stock Returns, and the 1964 Securities Acts Amendments," NBER Working Papers 11478, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jayanti, S. V. & Whyte, Ann Marie & Quang Do, A., 1996. "Bank failures and contagion effects: Evidence from Britain and Canada," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 103-116, May.
- Nuno Fernandes & Ugur Lel & Darius P. Miller, 2009.
"Escape from New York: the market impact of loosening disclosure requirements,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jan.
- Fernandes, Nuno & Lel, Ugur & Miller, Darius P., 2010. "Escape from New York: The market impact of loosening disclosure requirements," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 129-147, February.
- Larcker, David F. & Ormazabal, Gaizka & Taylor, Daniel J., 2011. "The market reaction to corporate governance regulation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 431-448, August.
- Zhang, Ivy Xiying, 2007. "Economic consequences of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 74-115, September.
- Battalio, Robert & Hatch, Brian & Loughran, Tim, 2011. "Who benefited from the disclosure mandates of the 1964 Securities Acts Amendments?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 1047-1063, September.
- Butler, Marty & Kraft, Arthur & Weiss, Ira S., 2007. "The effect of reporting frequency on the timeliness of earnings: The cases of voluntary and mandatory interim reports," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 181-217, July.
- Fang, Junxiong & Shi, Haina & Xu, Haoping, 2012. "The determinants and consequences of IPOs in a regulated economy: Evidence from China," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 131-150.
- Nuno Fernandes & Ugur Lel & Darius P. Miller, 2008. "Escape from New York: the market impact of SEC Rule 12h-6," International Finance Discussion Papers 945, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rosenbusch, Nina & Brinckmann, Jan & Müller, Verena, 2013. "Does acquiring venture capital pay off for the funded firms? A meta-analysis on the relationship between venture capital investment and funded firm financial performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 335-353.
- Harold Mulherin, J., 2007. "Measuring the costs and benefits of regulation: Conceptual issues in securities markets," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 421-437, June.
- Colin Beardsley & John R. O'Brien, 2004. "Measuring the Impact of Regulationon Market Stability: Evidence from the US Markets," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2004-02, Henley Business School, Reading University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.