Accounting for accounting: Towards the development of a dialectical view
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 12 (1987)
Issue (Month): 5 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Azham, Ali & Teck Heang, Lee & Yusof, Nor Zalina & Ojo, Marianne, 2007. "Development of auditing in Malaysia: legal, political and historical influences," MPRA Paper 28138, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Jan 2011.
- Martin Kelly & Howard Davey & Neil Haigh, 1999. "Contemporary accounting education and society," Accounting Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 321-340.
- Bealing, William Jr & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Fogarty, Timothy, 1996. "Early regulatory actions by the SEC: An institutional theory perspective on the dramaturgy of political exchanges," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 317-338, May.
- McSWEENEY, BRENDAN, 1997. "The Unbearable Ambiguity Of Accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 691-712, October.
- Walid Cheffi & Adel Beldi, 2005. "La Comptabilité De Gestion : Outil D'Information Ou Dispositif De Connaissance ? La Perception Des Managers," Post-Print halshs-00581150, HAL.
- Toms, Steven, 2005. "Financial control, managerial control and accountability: evidence from the British Cotton Industry, 1700-2000," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(7-8), pages 627-653.
- Chandana Alawattage & Danture Wickramasinghe, 2009. "Weapons of the weak: subalterns' emancipatory accounting in Ceylon Tea," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(3), pages 379-404, April.
- Mohammad Hudaib & Roszaini Haniffa, 2009. "Exploring auditor independence: an interpretive approach," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(2), pages 221-246, February.
- Mattessich, Richard, 1995. "Conditional-normative accounting methodology: Incorporating value judgments and means-end relations of an applied science," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 259-284, May.
- Chwastiak, M., 1998. "Star wars at the bottom line: The accounting forum for defense contractors," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 343-360, May.
- Kelum Jayasinghe & Danture Wickramasinghe, 2007. "Calculative practices in a total institution," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 183-202, September.
- Vollmer, Hendrik, 2009. "Management accounting as normal social science," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 141-150, January.
- Bala Balachandran, 2007. "Imperialismo occidental y contabilidad en Oriente: La historia del Instituto de contadores de gestión autorizados de Sri Lanka," REVISTA FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS ECONÓMICAS, UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA.
- Tharusha N. Gooneratne & Zahirul Hoque, 2013. "Management control research in the banking sector: A critical review and directions for future research," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 144-171, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.