The role of `virtual water' in efforts to achieve food security and other national goals, with an example from Egypt
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Agricultural Water Management.
Volume (Year): 49 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kotb, Tarek H. S. & Watanabe, Tsugihiro & Ogino, Yoshihiko & Tanji, Kenneth K., 2000. "Soil salinization in the Nile Delta and related policy issues in Egypt," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 239-261, March.
- Pinstrup-Andersen, Per, 2000. "Food policy research for developing countries: emerging issues and unfinished business," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 125-141, April.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Abdelrahman, Ali H., 1998. "Effects of Egyptian Economic Reforms: The Horticultural Sector," Staff General Research Papers 1172, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Smith, L. & Elobeid, Amani & Jensen, Helen H., 2000.
"Geography and Causes of Food Insecurity in Developing Countries (The),"
Staff General Research Papers
5013, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Smith, Lisa C. & Elobeid, Amani & Jensen, Helen H. & Johnson, Stanley R., 1999. "Geography and Causes of Food Insecurity in Developing Countries (The)," Staff General Research Papers 1651, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bautista, Romeo M & Gehlhar, Clemen G, 1996. "Price Competitiveness and Variability in Egyptian Cotton: Effects of Sectoral and Economy-Wide Policies," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 5(1), pages 21-51, March.
- Smith, Lisa C. & El Obeid, Amani E. & Jensen, Helen H., 2000. "The geography and causes of food insecurity in developing countries," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 199-215, March.
- Bouwer, Herman, 2000. "Integrated water management: emerging issues and challenges," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 217-228, August.
- Timmer, C. P., 1992. "Agriculture and economic development revisited," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 21-58.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Abdelrahman, Ali H., 1998. "Effects of Egyptian economic reforms: the horticultural sector," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 199-210, April.
- Gutner, Tammi, 1999. "The political economy of food subsidy reform in Egypt," FCND discussion papers 77, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shousha, Fawaz M. & Pautsch, Gregory R., 1997. "Economic reform and aggregate cropping patterns for Egypt," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 17(2-3), pages 265-275, December.
- Richards, Alan, 1994. "The Egyptian farm labor market revisited," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 239-261, April.
- Gutner, Tammi, 1999. "The political economy of Food subsidy reform in Egypt," FCND briefs 1, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shousha, Fawaz M. & Pautsch, Gregory R., 1997. "Economic Reform and Aggregate Cropping Patterns for Egypt," Staff General Research Papers 1767, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Sen, Amartya, 1983. "Development: Which Way Now?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 742-62, December.
- María Jesús Beltrán & Esther Velázquez, 2011. "Del metabolismo social al metabolismo hídrico," Documentos de Trabajo de la AsociaciÃ³n de EconomÃa EcolÃ³gica en EspaÃ±a 01_2011, Asociación de Economía Ecológica en España.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 2004. "The policy relevance of virtual water can be enhanced by considering comparative advantages," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 49-63, April.
- Misato Sato, 2012. "Embodied carbon in trade: a survey of the empirical literature," Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment Working Papers 77, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Roberto Roson & Martina Sartori, 2013. "Trade-offs in water policy: System-wide implications of changing water availability and agricultural productivity in the Mediterranean economies by 2050," Working Papers 2013:21, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Yang, Hong & Zehnder, Alexander J. B., 2002. "Water Scarcity and Food Import: A Case Study for Southern Mediterranean Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1413-1430, August.
- Liu, Junguo & Williams, Jimmy R. & Zehnder, Alexander J.B. & Yang, Hong, 2007. "GEPIC - modelling wheat yield and crop water productivity with high resolution on a global scale," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 478-493, May.
- Yang, Hong & Wang, Lei & Zehnder, Alexander J.B., 2007. "Water scarcity and food trade in the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5-6), pages 585-605.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.