Errors in Variables in Linear Systems
AbstractThis paper extends the simple errors-in-variable bound to the setting of systems of equations. Both diagonal and nondiagonal measurement error covariance matrices are considered. In the nondiagonal case, the analogue of the simple errors-in-variable interval of estimates is an ellipsoid with diagonal equal to the line segment connecting t he direct least squares with a two-stage least-squares estimate. For the diagonal case, the set of estimates under some conditions must li e within the convex hull of 2k points. Copyright 1987 by The Econometric Society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 55 (1987)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bekker, P. & Kapteyn, A.J. & Wansbeek, T., 1985.
"Consistent sets of estimates for regressions with correlated or uncorrelated measurement errors in arbitrary subsets of all variables,"
186, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Bekker, Paul & Kapteyn, Arie & Wansbeek, Tom, 1987. "Consistent Sets of Estimates for Regressions with Correlated or Uncorrelated Measurement Errors in Arbitrary Subsets of All Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1223-30, September.
- Bekker, P.A. & Wansbeek, T.J. & Kapteyn, A.J., 1987. "Consistent sets of estimates for regressions with correlated or uncorrelated measurement errors in arbitrary subsets of all variables," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-364356, Tilburg University.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1982. "Sets of Posterior Means with Bounded Variance Priors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 725-36, May.
- Christian Bontemps & Thierry Magnac & Eric Maurin, 2012.
"Set Identified Linear Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 80(3), pages 1129-1155, 05.
- Bontemps, Christian & Magnac, Thierry & Maurin, Eric, 2009. "Set Identified Linear Models," TSE Working Papers 09-090, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Bontemps, Christian & Magnac, Thierry & Maurin, Eric, 2007. "Set Identified Linear Models," IDEI Working Papers 494, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Christian Bontemps & Thierry Magnac & Eric Maurin, 2011. "Set identified linear models," CeMMAP working papers CWP13/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hu, Yingyao, 2006. "Bounding parameters in a linear regression model with a mismeasured regressor using additional information," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 51-70, July.
- Hyslop, Dean R & Imbens, Guido W, 2001.
"Bias from Classical and Other Forms of Measurement Error,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 19(4), pages 475-81, October.
- Dean R. Hyslop & Guido W. Imbens, 2000. "Bias from Classical and Other Forms of Measurement Error," NBER Technical Working Papers 0257, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Magnac, Thierry & Maurin, Eric, 2008. "Partial Identification in Binary Models: Discrete Regressors and Interval Data," Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Carmichael, Benoît & Coën, Alain, 2008. "Asset pricing models with errors-in-variables," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 778-788, September.
- Erickson, Timothy & Whited, Toni M., 2005. "Proxy-quality thresholds: Theory and applications," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 131-151, September.
- Sadefo Kamdem, J. & Mbairadjim Moussa, A. & Terraza, M., 2012.
"Fuzzy risk adjusted performance measures: Application to hedge funds,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 702-712.
- Alfred Mbairadjim Moussa & Jules Sadefo Kamdem & Michel Terraza, 2012. "Fuzzy risk adjusted performance measures: application to Hedge funds," Working Papers 12-24, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Sep 2012.
- Magnac, Thierry & Maurin, Eric, 2004.
"Partial Identification in Monotone Binary Models: Discrete Regressors and Interval Data,"
IDEI Working Papers
280, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Jan 2005.
- Thierry Magnac & Eric Maurin, 2004. "Partial Identification in Monotone Binary Models : Discrete Regressors and Interval Data," Working Papers 2004-11, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Magnac, Thierry, 2008. "Comment on the Identification Power in Games by Andres Aradilla-Lopez and Elie Tamer," Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Rachida Hennani & Michel Terraza, 2012. "Value-at-Risk stressée chaotique d’un portefeuille bancaire," Working Papers 12-23, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Sep 2012.
- Coën, Alain & Hübner, Georges, 2009. "Risk and performance estimation in hedge funds revisited: Evidence from errors in variables," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 112-125, January.
- Wegge, Leon L., 1996. "Local identifiability of the factor analysis and measurement error model parameter," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 351-382, February.
- Hong, Han & Tamer, Elie, 2003. "A simple estimator for nonlinear error in variable models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 1-19, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.