Inspecting The Mechanism: Closed-Form Solutions For Asset Prices In Real Business Cycle Models
AbstractWe derive closed-form solutions for asset prices in an RBC economy. The equations are based on a log-linear solution of the RBC model and allow a clearer understanding of the determination of risk premia in models with production. We demonstrate not only why the premium of equity over the risk-free rate is small but also why the premium of equity over a real long-term bond is small and often negative. In particular, risk premia for equity and long real bonds are negative when technology shocks are permanent. Copyright 2003 Royal Economic Society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 113 (2003)
Issue (Month): 489 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kirdan Lees & Troy Matheson, 2005.
"Mind your Ps and Qs! Improving ARMA forecasts with RBC priors,"
Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series
DP2005/02, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Lees, Kirdan & Matheson, Troy, 2007. "Mind your ps and qs! Improving ARMA forecasts with RBC priors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 275-281, August.
- Addessi, William & Busato, Francesco, 2009. "Fair wages, labor relations and asset returns," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 410-430, December.
- De Paoli, Bianca & Scott, Alasdair & Weeken, Olaf, 2010.
"Asset pricing implications of a New Keynesian model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2056-2073, October.
- Bianca De Paoli, Alasdair Scott, Olaf Weeken, 2007. "Asset pricing implications for a New Keynesian model," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006 156, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Bianca De Paoli & Alasdair Scott & Olaf Weeken, 2006. "Asset pricing implications of a New Keynesian model," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 358, Society for Computational Economics.
- Bianca De Paoli & Alasdair Scott & Olaf Weeken, 2007. "Asset pricing implications of a New Keynesian model," Bank of England working papers 326, Bank of England.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.