Temporal reliability test of nonconsumptive wildlife recreation benefits constructed from choke price data
AbstractChoke price data from the 2001 and 2006 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife-Associated Recreation (FHWAR) is used to construct welfare measures for wildlife-watching trips. Findings from an Oaxaca-Blinder decomposition analysis showed them to be temporally reliable which favors transferability across time.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 32 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
temporal reliability; nonconsumptive wildlife recreation; choke price; oaxaca-blinder decomposition;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- K. McConnell* & I. Strand & Sebastián Valdés, 1998. "Testing Temporal Reliability and Carry-over Effect: The Role of Correlated Responses in Test-retest Reliability Studies," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(3), pages 357-374, October.
- Michael J. Hay & Kenneth E. McConnell, 1979. "An Analysis of Participation in Nonconsumptive Wildlife Recreation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 55(4), pages 460-471.
- Richard T. Carson & W. Michael Hanemann, & Raymond J. Kopp & Jon A. Krosnick & Robert C. Mitchell & Stanley Presser & Paul A. Rudd & V. Kerry Smith & Michael Conaway & Kerry Martin, 1997.
"Temporal Reliability of Estimates from Contingent Valuation,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(2), pages 151-163.
- Carson, Richard T. & Hanemann, W. Michael & Kopp, Raymond J. & Krosnick, Jon A. & Mitchell, Robert C. & Presser, Stanley & Ruud, Paul A. & Smith, V. Kerry, 1995. "Temporal Reliability of Estimates from Contingent Valuation," Working Papers 95-05, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Kopp, Raymond & Smith, V. Kerry & Mitchell, Robert & Presser, Stanley & Ruud, Paul & Hanemann, W. Michael & Krosnick, Jon & Carson, Richard, 1995. "Temporal Reliability of Estimates from Contingent Valuation," Discussion Papers dp-95-37, Resources For the Future.
- Ben Jann, 2008. "The Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition for linear regression models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(4), pages 453-479, December.
- John C. Whitehead & Richard Aiken, 2004.
"Temporal Reliability of Willingness to Pay from the National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation,"
04-23, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- John Whitehead & Richard Aiken, 2007. "Temporal reliability of willingness to pay from the National Survey of Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife-Associated Recreation," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 39(6), pages 777-786.
- Michael J. Hay & Kenneth E. McConnell, 1984. "Harvesting and Nonconsumptive Wildlife Recreation Decisions," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 60(4), pages 388-396.
- John C. Whitehead & Thomas J. Hoban, 1999.
"Testing for Temporal Reliability in Contingent Valuation with Time for Changes in Factors Affecting Demand,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(3), pages 453-465.
- John C. Whitehead & Thomas J. Hoban, . "Testing for Temporal Reliability in Contingent Valuation with Time for Changes in Factors Affecting Demand," Working Papers 9613, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Mark L. Rockel & Mary Jo Kealy, 1991. "The Value of Nonconsumptive Wildlife Recreation in the United States," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 67(4), pages 422-434.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.