Standards of Living Inequalities and Allocation of Funding: The Case of Greece
AbstractAn analysis of consumer’s decision making indicates that the weights used for the regional variables considered and included in an index should not vary across regions. Given this, a regional index is computed for the 10 major regions of Greece assuming that all variables incorporated in it are equally weighted. Regional indices are then compared with the per capita European Union funding and finally, the actual versus the planned spending of the European Union funding is analysed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Euro-American Association of Economic Development in its journal Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q00 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - General
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - General Welfare
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- LIARGOVAS, Panagiotis & GIANNIAS, Dimitrios & KOSTANDOPOULOS, Chryssa, 2007. "An Assessment Of The Community Support Framework (Csf) Funding Towards The Tourist Sector: The Case Of Greece," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 7(1), pages 47-66.
- Bellante, Don, 1979. "The North-South Differential and the Migration of Heterogeneous Labor," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 166-75, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask M. Carmen Guisan to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.