Education, Industry, Trade and Development of European and Eurasian Countries in 1980-99
AbstractThis paper presents a comparative analysis of economic development in European and Eurasian countries, focusing on the educational level of population, fertility rates, production by sector and foreign trade. Countries are classified into 5 large areas: three for Western Europe, one for Central Europe, Baltic and East Mediterranean, and the other for Eurasia. The highest levels of development in Western European countries are mainly explained by educational level of population and a high degree of industrialization. We analyse the main challenges and opportunities in terms of institutional, physical and human capital, for Central and East countries with low levels of development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Euro-American Association of Economic Development in its journal Applied Econometrics and International Development.
Volume (Year): 3 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- F0 - International Economics - - General
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O50 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- O57 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- GUISAN, Maria-Carmen, 2009. "Education, Health And Economic Development: A Survey Of Quantitative Economic Studies, 2001-2009," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1), pages 129-148.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.