The Internet, the Market, and Communication: Don't Ignore the Shoe While Admiring the Shine
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cato Journal, Cato Institute in its journal Cato Journal.
Volume (Year): 20 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (Fall)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1000 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Washington D.C. 20001-5403
Phone: (202) 842-0200
Fax: (202) 842-3490
Web page: http://www.cato.org/pubs/journal/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & Randall Wright, 1989.
"A contribution to the pure theory of money,"
Staff Report, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
123, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Faust, Jon, 1989.
"Supernovas in Monetary Theory: Does the Ultimate Sunspot Rule Out Money?,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 872-81, September.
- Jon Faust, 1988. "Supernovas in monetary theory: does the ultimate sunspot rule out money?," Research Working Paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City 88-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Nobuhiro Kiyotake & Randall Wright, 1992. "Acceptability, means of payment, and media of exchange," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum, pages 18-21.
- Steve Williamson & Randall Wright, 1991.
"Barter and monetary exchange under private information,"
Staff Report, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
141, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Williamson, Steve & Wright, Randall, 1994. "Barter and Monetary Exchange under Private Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 104-23, March.
- Williamson, S. & Wright, R., 1991. "Barter and Monetary Exchange Under Private Information," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations 9107, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Ritter, Joseph A, 1995. "The Transition from Barter to Fiat Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 134-49, March.
- Selgin, George A, 1994.
"On Ensuring the Acceptability of a New Fiat Money,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 808-26, November.
- Selgin, G., 1993. "On Ensuring the Acceptability of a New Fiat Money," Papers, Georgia - College of Business Administration, Department of Economics 368, Georgia - College of Business Administration, Department of Economics.
- Herschel I. Grossman, 1991.
"Monetary Economics: A Review Essay,"
NBER Working Papers
3686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1989. "On Money as a Medium of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 927-54, August.
- Tim Groseclose & Jeffrey Milyo, 2005.
"A Measure of Media Bias,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press,
MIT Press, vol. 120(4), pages 1191-1237, November.
- Jeffrey Milyo & Tim Groseclose, 2005. "A Measure of Media Bias," Working Papers, Department of Economics, University of Missouri 0501, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 25 Aug 2005.
- Stephen D. Williamson, 2002. "Private money and counterfeiting," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 37-57.
- Degens, Philipp, 2013. "Alternative Geldkonzepte - ein Literaturbericht," MPIfG Discussion Paper 13/1, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emily Ekins).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.