Content Protection, Urban Unemployment and Welfare
AbstractA three-sector general equilibrium model is developed to examine the resource allocation and welfare effects of domestic content protection. An increase in domestic content requirements lowers the urban unemployment ratio, the production of the domestic intermediate good, the import of the foreign intermediate good, and the national welfare.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Canadian Economics Association in its journal Canadian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canadian Economics Association Prof. Steven Ambler, Secretary-Treasurer c/o Olivier Lebert, CEA/CJE/CPP Office C.P. 35006, 1221 Fleury Est Montréal, Québec, Canada H2C 3K4
Web page: http://economics.ca/cje/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu, Eden S. H. & Chi-Chur, Chao, 1996. "Are wholly foreign-owned enterprises better than joint ventures?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 225-237, February.
- M. Ali Khan, 2007. "The Harris-Todaro Hypothesis," Labor Economics Working Papers 22206, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Qiu, Larry D. & Tao, Zhigang, 2001. "Export, foreign direct investment, and local content requirement," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 101-125, October.
- Fung, Michael Ka-Yiu & Zeng, Jinli, 1997. "Equity control of multinational firms in an economic growth model with urban unemployment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 287-301.
- Choi, E. Kwan, 2007.
"To outsource or not to outsource in an integrated world,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 521-527.
- Choi, E. Kwan, 2007. "To Outsource or Not to Outsource in an Integrated World," Staff General Research Papers 12535, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Choi, E. Kwan, 2010. "To Outsource or Not to Outsource Inn North-South Trade," Staff General Research Papers 34997, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Yu, Eden S. H., 1995. "The shadow price of foreign exchange in a dual economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 195-202, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.