Addressing Puzzles in Monetary Dynamics
AbstractThis paper discusses some of the puzzles associated with monetary dynamics and proposes possible explanations, primarily the democratisation of financial markets and sounder money.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Central Bank of Ireland in its journal Quarterly Bulletin Articles.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): (October)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lemke, Wolfgang & Greiber, Claus, 2005. "Money demand and macroeconomic uncertainty," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,26, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Joaquim Vieira Ferreira Levy & Alessandro Calza & Dieter Gerdesmeier, 2001. "Euro Area Money Demand," IMF Working Papers 01/179, International Monetary Fund.
- Carr, Jack & Darby, Michael R., 1981.
"The role of money supply shocks in the short-run demand for money,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 183-199.
- Jack Carr & Michael R. Darby, 1977. "The Role of Money Supply Shocks in the Short-Run Demand for Money," UCLA Economics Working Papers 098, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jack Carr & Michael R. Darby, 1980. "The Role of Money Supply Shocks in the Short-Run Demand for Money," NBER Working Papers 0524, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2006.
"Monetary Policy Inertia: Fact or Fiction?,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2(4), December.
- Milbourne, Ross, 1988. " Disequilibrium Buffer Stock Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 187-208.
- G. G. Garcia, 1999. "Deposit Insurance," IMF Working Papers 99/54, International Monetary Fund.
- Carstensen, Kai, 2006.
"Stock market downswing and the stability of European monetary union money demand,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
19940, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Carstensen, Kai, 2006. "Stock Market Downswing and the Stability of European Monetary Union Money Demand," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 24, pages 395-402, October.
- Kai Carstensen, 2003. "Is European Money Demand Still Stable?," Kiel Working Papers 1179, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Orphanides, Athanasios, 2001.
"Monetary policy rules, macroeconomic stability and inflation: a view from the trenches,"
Working Paper Series
0115, European Central Bank.
- Orphanides, Athanasios, 2004. "Monetary Policy Rules, Macroeconomic Stability, and Inflation: A View from the Trenches," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(2), pages 151-75, April.
- Athanasios Orphanides, 2001. "Monetary policy rules, macroeconomic stability and inflation: a view from the trenches," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-62, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Carlos Robalo Marques & Nuno Alves & João Sousa, 2006. "Some Issues Concerning the Use of M3 for Monetary Policy Analysis in the Euro Area," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Angela Maddaloni & Alberto Musso & Philipp Rother & Melanie Ward-Warmedinger & Thomas Westermann, 2006. "Macroeconomic implications of demographic developments in the euro area," Occasional Paper Series 51, European Central Bank.
- Ross Milbourne, 1988. "Disequilibrium Buffer Stock Models: A Survey," Working Papers 715, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Browne, Francis X, 1989. "A New Test of the Buffer Stock Money Hypothesis," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 57(2), pages 154-71, June.
- Drescher, Christian & Herz, Bernhard, 2010. "Measuring Monetary Conditions in US Asset Markets - A Market Specific Approach," MPRA Paper 27384, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Smith).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.