Proximités et délocalisations : le cas du logiciel
AbstractThe objective of this article is to investigate the dynamics of relocations, in particular in the ?high-technology? sectors and in a context of growing media focus on the danger of such activities on the part of firms. By proposing a grid of ?dynamics of proximities?, we focus on the case of the software sector. The current level of understanding of whether geographical proximity determines which activities can or cannot potentially be relocated is insufficient to explain the situation in this industry. As we will see in the second part, relocations, to be achieved, need organisational and institutional proximities to support the economic coordination among entities and between actors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Armand Colin in its journal Revue d’Économie Régionale & Urbaine.
Volume (Year): octobre (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm
relocation; software industry; proximity; coordination; offshoring;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andr Torre Shaw & Jean-Pierre Gilly, 2000. "On the Analytical Dimension of Proximity Dynamics," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 169-180.
- Alan Kirman, 1999. "Quelques réflexions à propos du point de vue des économistes sur le rôle de la structure organisationnelle dans l'économie," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 88(1), pages 91-110.
- Alain Rallet & André Torre, 2004. "Proximité et localisation," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 280(1), pages 25-41.
- Marie Coris & Yannick LUNG, 2005. "Les communautés virtuelles : la coordination sans proximité ? Les fondements de la coopération au sein des communautés du logiciel libre," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(3), pages 397-420.
- Vincent Frigant & Damien Talbot, 2005. "Technological Determinism and Modularity: Lessons from a Comparison between Aircraft and Auto Industries in Europe," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 337-355.
- Jerome Vicente & Rapha�l Suire, 2007. "Informational Cascades versus Network Externalities in Locational Choice: Evidence of 'ICT Clusters' Formation and Stability," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 173-184.
- Fontagné, Lionel & Lorenzi, Jean-Hervé, 2005. "Désindustrialisation, délocalisations," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/129, Paris Dauphine University.
- Christophe CARRINCAZEAUX (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2009. "Spatial dynamics of innovation (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2009-21, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Maris CORIS (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Vincent FRIGANT (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Jean-Bernard LAYAN (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Damien TALBOT (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2009. "Spatial dynamics of firms (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2009-20, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.