Les essaimages académiques dans le secteur de l'informatique en France : Effets institutionnels, effets de territoire ou construction des acteurs locaux ?
AbstractThis article aims to question the conditions of academic spin-offs companies emerging from the French public research. We attempt to assess to what extent the creation of high tech companies in connection with academic research depends on three following factors: institutional effect associated with the public research, territorial or regional dynamic effect and local actor effect. This analysis is based on an empirical research on the spin-off creation policy of INRIA (National Institute for Computer Science). The main analytical target is to compare the ways in which the same framework of knowledge transfer policy in INRIA can be implemented differently, according to the particular regional dynamics of Grenoble and Sophia Antipolis, or the nature of competence/social network the local actors construct in these two sites. Classification JEL : R58, L14, L86, M13.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Armand Colin in its journal Revue d’Économie Régionale & Urbaine.
Volume (Year): avril (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm
academic spin-offs; computer sector; institution; region; local actors;
Other versions of this item:
- Caroline Lanciano-Morandat & Hiroatsu Nohara, 2003. "Les essaimages académiques dans le secteur de l'informatique en France : effets institutionnels, effets de territoire ou construction des acteurs locaux ?," Post-Print halshs-00392208, HAL.
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacques-Laurent Ravix & Michel Quéré, 1997. "Relations science-industrie et institutions innovatrices," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 79(1), pages 213-232.
- Nowak, Michael J. & Grantham, Charles E., 2000. "The virtual incubator: managing human capital in the software industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 125-134, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.