External sources of innovation and industry-university interaction:evidence from Spanish firms
AbstractThis paper is about the firm innovation process and the cooperation of the innovative firms with other firms and public institutions. A special attention is paid to the cooperation with universities. We use the Technological Innovation Survey (TIS) from the Instituto Nacional de Estadística (Spain) in order to obtain data for 4,159 innovative firms. Our results show that firm's cooperation activities are closely linked to the characteristics of the industry and the firm as well as to the origin of public funds for R&D activities. Key words: Innovation, universities, Spanish economy. JEL code: O31, I20, L60
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2072/1751.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Innovació; Universitats; Espanya; Economia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-70, December.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & John Beath & Donald S. Siegel, 2002.
"Universities and Fundamental Research: Reflections on the Growth of University-Industry Partnership,"
Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics
200201, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & John Beath & Donald S. Siegel, 2002. "Universities and Fundamental Research: Reflections on the Growth of University--Industry Partnerships," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 10-21, Spring.
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Webster, Andrew & Gebhardt, Christiane & Terra, Branca Regina Cantisano, 2000. "The future of the university and the university of the future: evolution of ivory tower to entrepreneurial paradigm," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 313-330, February.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and the Geography of Innovation and Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 630-40, June.
- Audretsch, David B & Stephan, Paula E, 1996. "Company-Scientist Locational Links: The Case of Biotechnology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 641-52, June.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1999.
"R&D Cooperation and Spillovers: Some Empirical Evidence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2330, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1998. "R&D cooperation and spillovers: some empirical evidence," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/102907, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 1998. "R&D cooperation and spillovers: Some empirical evidence," Economics Working Papers 328, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2001. "R&D cooperation and spillovers: Some empirical evidence," IESE Research Papers D/430, IESE Business School.
- Wang, Jiann-Chyuan, 1994. "Cooperative research in a newly industrialized country: Taiwan," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 697-711, November.
- Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T. & Siegel, Donald S., 2003. "The economics of intellectual property at universities: an overview of the special issue," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1217-1225, November.
- Rosenberg, Nathan & Nelson, Richard R., 1994. "American universities and technical advance in industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 323-348, May.
- Hagedoorn, John & Schakenraad, Jos, 1994. "The effect of strategic technology alliances on company performance," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-4308, Maastricht University.
- Geoff Mason & Karin Wagner, 1999. "Knowledge Transfer and Innovation in Germany and Britain: 'Intermediate Institution' Models of Knowledge Transfer under Strain?," Industry & Innovation, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 85-109.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ariadna Casals).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.