Tarification au marché et variation des marges à l'exportation. Une étude des prix d'exportation allemands, français et italiens
AbstractThis paper analyzes the impact of increasing international competition on the evolution of export prices in the last three decades. We investigate both the sensitivity of export prices to exchange rate movements, and the dynamics of profit margins for a large number of manufacturing products exported by France, Germany and Italy. We find that export price dynamics are mainly determined by source and destination market characteristics, whereas product specific features do not appear to play a crucial role. For what concerns export margins, we find that on average they have either remained stable or augmented in the last three decades. While estimated coefficients have to be taken with caution, our results suggest that the increased international integration seems not to have reduced firms? market power. JEL Classification: D40, E30, F14, L16, L60.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue de l'OFCE.
Volume (Year): n° 108 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-de-l-ofce.htm
export; pricing-to-market; international trade; export margins; pricing behaviour;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqildh09h561m4g1g is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Guillou & Stefano Schiavo, 2011.
"Exchange rate exposure under liquidity constraints,"
Documents de Travail de l'OFCE
2011-13, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Sarah Guillou & Stefano Schiavo, 2011. "Exchange rate exposure under liquidity constraints," Sciences Po publications 2011-13, Sciences Po.
- Sarah Guillou & Stefano Schiavo, 2011. "Exchange Rate Exposure under Liquidity Constraints," Department of Economics Working Papers 1107, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.