Impact Of Underground Economy Upon The Romanian Economy
AbstractThe present article shows estimates the size of underground economy in Romania during 1999 - 2012 (as a percentage of real GDP), carried out by Schneider by means of the MIMIC method. Moreover, the data on 2011 referring to this phenomenon are compared to the data on 30 different states in Europe. In addition, in order to emphasize the difficulty of the scientific endeavour of evaluating the size of the underground economy and especially to see what the endeavour is basically about, the MIMIC methodology has been shaped which is the procedure most frequently used by Schneider in his latest surveys. Using a linear regression model in the end of this article helps accomplish a prognosis of the size of Romania’s underground economy in 2013.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Constantin Brancoveanu University in its journal Management Strategies Journal.
Volume (Year): 18 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.univcb.ro/
underground economy; fiscality; MIMIC; Schneider;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jay Pil Choi & Marcel Thum, 2002.
"Corruption and the Shadow Economy,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
633, CESifo Group Munich.
- Albu, Lucian Liviu, 2008. "A Model To Estimate Spatial Distribution Of Informal Economy," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 5(4), pages 111-124, December.
- Bourbonnais, Régis & Andrei, Tudorel, 2008. "Econometrie," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7463, Paris Dauphine University.
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan MICUDA).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.